Pro Wrestler Mr. Perfect Kurt Hennig Dies

S

Shinobi

Curt Hennig was found dead this afternoon in a Tampa, Florida hotel room. He was scheduled to work an event promoted by Jimmy Hart. He was 44 years old.

Hennig had most recently worked for TNA, but last year also had a short stint with WWE. His career began in the '80s as one of the top wrestlers in the AWA, holding the AWA Heavyweight Title.

Credit: pwtorch.com

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Damn. :(

I checked out 1wrestling.com, they don't have any more info either. (Get a popup blocker before visiting em,,they are insane with em there).

OP
J

Jill666

He truly was a great athlete (and a good heel). My husband will be bummed.

OP
M

Master of Blades

He was always chewing gum......I'm gonna miss that :( He was pretty young as well.....

OP
S

Shinobi

Yeah, he was awsome. And a great guy behind the scenes. Allways helping everyone out. A class act.

I wonder if WWE will pay tribute. They rarely ever do. Especially guys who go on bad terms. Hennig was fired last year for getting into a fight with Brock Lesnar and nearly injuring him. I hope they take the high road and pay their respects.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Shinobi
Yeah, he was awsome. And a great guy behind the scenes. Allways helping everyone out. A class act.

I wonder if WWE will pay tribute. They rarely ever do. Especially guys who go on bad terms. Hennig was fired last year for getting into a fight with Brock Lesnar and nearly injuring him. I hope they take the high road and pay their respects.

Really, you got anymore info on this Lesnar Perfect thing? :confused: I thought he left through injuries

OP
S

Shinobi

They was on a plane ride back from a Europe tour about a year ago. Lesnar made a comment and they got into an arguement, and then a fight. Everyone sat around untill Henning took Lesnar to the floor and against the exit door, then people finally jumped in. After that, they fired him, as well as Scott Hall for getting drunk and passing out on the plane. So he went to NWA-TNA where he was about to have a run as NWA World Champion.

OP
S

Shinobi

Update:

Curt Hennig travelled to Florida on Sunday with referee Mickey Jay. He did publicity interviews for a Tampa State Fair Grounds event on Sunday. This morning around 9:30 a.m. Jay checked in with him and they arranged a 1 p.m. lunch. When Hennig didn't make the scheduled lunch, they checked on him in his hotel room and found him dead.

Police and local media are the hotel and a number of people are being interviewed, although apparently no foul play is suspected at this time.

Hennig was scheduled to wrestle Ian Harrison & Jimmy Hart tonight in a two-on-one match.

Hennig, known as "Mr. Perfect," was a top-level wrestlers much of the past 20 years in pro wrestling, including main eventing in the AWA in the late '80s. He was never the centerpiece of either the WWF or WCW, but often worked main events.

His father, Larry "The Axe" Hennig, is still alive and lives in Minnesota. Curt grew up in Robinsdale, Minn.

Credit: PWTorch

OP
R

RCastillo

Curt Hennig was found dead this afternoon in a Tampa, Florida hotel room. He was scheduled to work an event promoted by Jimmy Hart. He was 44 years old.

Hennig had most recently worked for TNA, but last year also had a short stint with WWE. His career began in the '80s as one of the top wrestlers in the AWA, holding the AWA Heavyweight Title.

Boy, these guys just live too fast, and hard. Too many of the good ones leave life early.:asian:

OP
S

Shinobi

You aint kidding. Live fast and die young. Another legend passes on :/

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score

God Bless His Soul

can't belive he is gone I remeber him & Scott Hall
When They one The AwA Titels :wah: :wah: :wah: :wah:

I Watched it on T.V.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
And hitting it into the crowd.

Yeah, talk about getting the crowd into it all......

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All they did was put up his picture for about 3 seconds.:(

Its the thought that counts. They've done that a few times in the past.

OP
S

Shinobi

That isn't right though. 3 seconds? Come on. They could do alot more for these guys. Dedicate a show to them like they did for Pillman, and Owen. They didn't even give Rick Rude anything either. Hopefully they'll decide to dedicate Confidental this week to him instead of reruns.

OP
M

Master of Blades

I think he was under exagerrating when he said About 3 seconds......He probably was just pointing out that it wasnt up for a respectful amount of time. And Shinobi check the Hogans Book post thingy please.....I want to hear your views on some of the stuff thats been said lol :asian:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I turned the t.v. onto channel 30 at 8:59 pm last night. While watching they flashed his picture absolutely no longer than 5 seconds at most then went into Eric B. argueing with J.R. I believe. Then I turned it cause I'm not allowed to watch pro wrestling anymore. :mad:

OP
M

Master of Blades

Then I turned it cause I'm not allowed to watch pro wrestling anymore. :mad:

I told you Suplexing your wife through a table wasnt a good idea :eek:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
I told you Suplexing your wife through a table wasnt a good idea :eek: