Practiced you Siu Nim Tao Today?

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
Very important for good group structure and mature conversation.

onthechin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I shudder whenever anyone gets labelled a troll and especially when there's a picture involved..when people re-post it I basically think they're too into the forum. The whole do the form every day thing is great..as long as you spar every second day..

mrRay

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just started learning Wing Chun and i'm really enjoying learning SLT and the wing chun basics. Does anyone have any advice on how much SLT a beginner should be doing? I've read that you should warm up and try and complete SLT first thing every morning. I've been doing this but I feel I should be doing more and pushing myself a bit more. What do you think?

OP
Siunimtao

Siunimtao

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys

Just started learning Wing Chun and i'm really enjoying learning SLT and the wing chun basics. Does anyone have any advice on how much SLT a beginner should be doing? I've read that you should warm up and try and complete SLT first thing every morning. I've been doing this but I feel I should be doing more and pushing myself a bit more. What do you think?

SLT should be broken down to 3 parts or more,
The first part develops the energy, the 2nd and 3rd teach you to throw the energy around,

Standing in your Stance is the 1st thing you need to learn,

theres some good info in this link,
http://wcats.com/WCLessons/SLT/SiuLimTaoIntro.php

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi guys

It's easy to underestimate SNT. It doesn't exert you as does a typical kung fu form, but there is much going on there.
Refer to the other thread about SNT : "SNT....what's it all about" as it addresses a lot of the benefits of SNT already and there's no need to duplicate.

I will add this. Assuming you spend proper amount of time training your form, I would add various other things to the training session. As examples:

chain punching
Chain punching rapid fire in groups of 5
Pak Dar
Gum Dar
Tan Dar
Gaun Dar

ilhe4e12345

Green Belt
Reaction score
You have be doing Wing Chun Since 1989 and still pratice every day? for real!
You obviously dont have a clue, You have been wasting your time im afraid,
Listen to yourselves, WIng Chun isnt obtainable to People with Attitudes like you,
Over 2000 useless post, Im not wasting any more of my time with you Thank you,

he practices just like any REAL martial artist practices....are you stupid? you have to be kidding me if you think that you dont need to practice to be good at something. you must be the next IP Man to talk like that....and even then someone of IP Man's knowledge still practices on a daily level, just look at his children who are well into their 80's that still practice the style almost daily.....

Listen to YOURSELF...you sound like an idiot and the only real reason you posted here was to troll others. its sad becuase people like you give martial arts a bad name. 'HEY GUYS LOOK I LEARNED ONE FORM SO THAT MEANS IM A MASTER AND I DONT NEED TO PRACTICE" honestly if i could i would love to watch you get destroyed by someone of mook jong man's level of martial arts knowledge. Heck im not that experienced when it comes to wing chun as i only currently know SLT and Chi Sau but the way you talk as if you know everything but yet have nothing backing it other then "HA IM BETTER THEN YOU" so please...grow up and leave. This forum and forums like this are for people that actually want to talk with one another and learn from each other....

Please go back to being the "all knowing master of Wing Chun" your ignorance is amazing.....

OP
Siunimtao

Siunimtao

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
he practices just like any REAL martial artist practices....are you stupid? you have to be kidding me if you think that you dont need to practice to be good at something. you must be the next IP Man to talk like that....and even then someone of IP Man's knowledge still practices on a daily level, just look at his children who are well into their 80's that still practice the style almost daily.....

Listen to YOURSELF...you sound like an idiot and the only real reason you posted here was to troll others. its sad becuase people like you give martial arts a bad name. 'HEY GUYS LOOK I LEARNED ONE FORM SO THAT MEANS IM A MASTER AND I DONT NEED TO PRACTICE" honestly if i could i would love to watch you get destroyed by someone of mook jong man's level of martial arts knowledge. Heck im not that experienced when it comes to wing chun as i only currently know SLT and Chi Sau but the way you talk as if you know everything but yet have nothing backing it other then "HA IM BETTER THEN YOU" so please...grow up and leave. This forum and forums like this are for people that actually want to talk with one another and learn from each other....

Please go back to being the "all knowing master of Wing Chun" your ignorance is amazing.....
\
The Diesese is spread to far, I reccommend That you go and learn another Martial Art Cause Your Frankly Wasting you time the way your praticing it,
Yes some People have trained all there life and still dont have a clue, and its Sad,

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
\
The Diesese is spread to far, I reccommend That you go and learn another Martial Art Cause Your Frankly Wasting you time the way your praticing it,
Yes some People have trained all there life and still dont have a clue, and its Sad,

The saddest part is my friend, take a look in the mirror ... you had just gave an description of yourself.:waah::waah::waah:

Latest Discussions