practicality

H

Hanzo04

I am interested in taking ninjutsu but i was wandering of it's practiality. can it be applied to this modern world or just practiced as a hobby?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hanzo04 said:
I am interested in taking ninjutsu but i was wandering of it's practiality. can it be applied to this modern world or just practiced as a hobby?
This seems obvious to me, but all your basic motion should have practical applications. Its good to be in condition, have good flexebility, balance, and posture. :asian:
Sean

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hanzo04 said:

If you notice, there is another thread in this section titled "Ninjutsu on the Discovery Channel." Ninjutsu, as depicted by S.K. Hayes was justaposed with the Navy SEALs. The producers of the show stated, and demonstrated, that the techniques used by the Navy SEALs was the closest martial form to what they considered as "modern Ninjutsu/Ninjutsu." Thus, if its good enough for the SEALs, it's good enough for me. You may have also noticed that Saddam Hussein, deposed President of Iraq, also developed a special military unit based upon the techniques of Ninjitsu. Although Saddam is gone, some of these special units are still fighting today in Iraq.

The US Department of Defense, as well as the British counterparts, have both retained noted Ninjitsu/Ninjutsu instructors as paid consultants for the development of tactical manuals etc. Again, I'd say that this martial art is quite practical to this modern world.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

OP
E

Elizium

sojobow said:
If you notice, there is another thread in this section titled "Ninjutsu on the Discovery Channel." Ninjutsu, as depicted by S.K. Hayes was justaposed with the Navy SEALs. The producers of the show stated, and demonstrated, that the techniques used by the Navy SEALs was the closest martial form to what they considered as "modern Ninjutsu/Ninjutsu." Thus, if its good enough for the SEALs, it's good enough for me. You may have also noticed that Saddam Hussein, deposed President of Iraq, also developed a special military unit based upon the techniques of Ninjitsu. Although Saddam is gone, some of these special units are still fighting today in Iraq.
Mere speculatoin about the people in Iraq still maintaining the fight for the deposed dictator Mr. Villiage people moustache wearer Hussein. It could be AL Queda, the Ba'ath party (which Hussein was a member of and the Ba'ath party is more stronger in Syria than Iraq).

sojobow said:
The US Department of Defense, as well as the British counterparts, have both retained noted Ninjitsu/Ninjutsu instructors as paid consultants for the development of tactical manuals etc. Again, I'd say that this martial art is quite practical to this modern world.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.
They also use Ju-jitsu and Kung Fu. Some Genbukan have "allegedly" trained the SAS

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
On another of these Ninjutsu topic threads, someone else clarified that most people are participating in the hand to hand fighting component of the overall systematic training of Ninjutsu and not the whole spectrum of espionage, survival and tactical training that the complete package would provide.

I guess the question is what are you looking for from Ninjutsu training, and is there another source/place that can provide similar training to compare it to?

Admittedly, my ninjutsu exposure is from my big 80's youth of reading SKH's books, but he made a good explanation of the various 'schools' of Ninjutsu. There were climbing arts, fighting arts, weapon arts, ..... (if he is to be considered credible) that a member of the clan would have to become versed in before he/she was a basically trained "Ninja"...

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Methinks people are tossing around the label "ninjutsu" too liberally here....

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
heretic888 said:
Methinks people are tossing around the label "ninjutsu" too liberally here....

I agree.

I say the "practicality" in an art, Hanzo, comes from how you train it, how well you learn it, and how well your teacher teaches it...

The most "combative art" can be ineffective if it is taught poorly, or if you learn it as a hobby...

Latest Discussions