Pot vs. the environment...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
:rofl: Hmmm...which wins...pot or the environment...dude...no contest...

(this is another non-Breitbart article...so everyone can read it...)

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/08/californias-business-environment-going-to-pot/

In the Merced Sun-Star, Dan Morain describes how marijuana farming practices in Butte County threaten regional water quality.

In a state that prides itself on its environmentalist sensibilities, emboldened marijuana growers have ripped out ponderosa pines and bulldozed deep terraces into steep slopes above Lake Oroville, all so their crops can receive full sun.

….Growers don’t obtain permits and take no steps to limit erosion. Although they probably are breaking law governing discharges, California Regional Water Quality Control Board officials shy away from inspecting the farms, fearing for their safety.
Because many growers display notes from doctors swearing that they’re cultivating the marijuana for medicinal purposes, Butte County law enforcement officials don’t have power to make arrests.

Hmmm...if only we could link frakking for oil and natural gas to Pot then we would have all the energy we needed...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Legalize pot and get it regulated. I mean, that's your point here, right--the value and importance of govt. regulations?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Right. It sounds like legalizing pot, regulating the growers and holding them accountable would do the trick. Problem is that the farmers are criminals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Legalize pot and get it regulated. I mean, that's your point here, right--the value and importance of govt. regulations?

Maybe he just wants to sic the "Tree Huggers" onto the "Potheads"?

Latest Discussions