Post your Curriculum Vitae

A

A.R.K.

Chufeng,

I noticed from your profile your involvements in Chinese arts such as Yiliquan etc. I am interested if you have some indepth information, history, background, techiques etc to direct me to. I'm always on the look out to improve what I know.

I have found Chin Na to be one of the most useful techniques in my line of work. If I had to put a % to it I would say I use these types of techniques [joint locks, joint maipulation, pain compliance etc] 90% of the time on duty. Anything along these lines would be very welcome information indeed.

Thank you. :)

A

Abbax8

Began to train at the Phoenixville YMCA 1967 Judo, Barbara Alexander Nikyu, instructor, Don Rohrabaugh, Sankyu assistant.

I assisted Mr Rohrabaugh in 1968 and 69 to teach a junior class on Saturday mornings.

Up to 1972 I achieved the rank of junior nikyu, then upon turning 17 dropped two ranks. As a senior moved up back to Nikyu by 1974. I was now assistant instructor- St. Ann's Judo Club. Promotions through USJF- Shufu Yudanshikai. Many testings done at Ishikawa's Judo School, Philadelphia, PA.

1974 to 1976 in college at Penn State and doing some judo, but a bad knee kept from training hard.

1977- Enrolled at Ursinus College. With my partner restarted to MA Club.

With my partner, William Clarke, we taught a for credit PE course on judo and self defense that we were enrolled in. We knew more than the instructor.

1980- graduated. Some practice with my friends, nothing formal.

1994- Opened my on club- Kyu Shin Do Dojo. Classes in Altoona and Ebensburg. Promoted to Ikkyu.

1995- Promoted to Shodan at a USJA camp in Bryn Mawr, PA.

1997- Promoted to Nidan, current rank. Currently teach a combined class, kids and adults, twice a week. Also hold a Level 1 Certified Coach Certificate from USJA.

Peace
Dennis

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Zhao Dai Wei
1972 - began Uechi-ryu and trained to Green belt. Due to changes in the systems hierarchy in Okinawa different factions spit off. Continued on in Pangai-noon off shoot

First you lead us to believe it was THE Pangainoon and now you say it is an offshoot.
How many times are you going to change the story or try to deceive people?

1997 - 6th Dan Pangai-noon.
And who issued that? (Instructor’s name?)

2001 - 7th Dan Pangai-noon.

2003 - 8th Dan Pangai-noon.

C

chufeng

Zhao,

I am interested if you have some indepth information, history, background, techiques etc to direct me to. I'm always on the look out to improve what I know.

Have you checked our school link?
It is in Yiliquan1's profile...or you can go to "schools" we have a link down there.

But, you will need to find someone who can SHOW you how things work...books are OK references IF you already know the technique...

The books that have helped me most with my development in YiLi are philosophical works.

:asian:
chufeng

A

A.R.K.

Because I've completed enough of a job application as it is and have posted more about myself and offered contacts for verification in various threads, PM's and emails than 95% of the posters here.

Only one person here has bothered to check me out first hand...and he is now my student.

If that is not enough for you...learn to live with it.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
RSK's questions are simple. How could you NOT remember your instructors' names? huh? I am shocked!

A

A.R.K.

Has nothing to do with remembering. The answer is right in the post. If you are unable to understand that...well what can I say. I'm as legitimate as anyone here AND with practical experience. Which as I've said, only one poster here has actually checked out first hand rather than issue unsubstantiated accusations...and they are now one of my students. If anyone wants to continue to talk trash, it is through ignorance or merely because they like to cause problems.

Your just mad cause of the direction of the other thread. :rolleyes:

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I started in TKD at age seven in Rhode Island my instructors names were David P. Valdez, William Maher and Robert D'benadeto...............1982 to 1991 in 1984 the shcool i was attending closed and myself and a friend began private 5hr lessons twice a week until I moved to florida in 1991 I was a bit of a hellion as a child and this was my fathers way of diclipine.......It worked.
from 1991 thru 1995 I continued training in several shcools in my area never really calling any home for too long.
from 1995 thru present Ive been training in TKD I also have over 3500 hrs. of law enforcement self defence training and seminars.

Recently I have been training in self defence, grappling, ground fighting and close quarters combat with an american who has founded thier own style and I am very excited about this new training.

In summary I guess you could say I have some martial arts experience....I like to consider myself as merly a serious student!

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DAC..florida
I started in TKD at age seven in Rhode Island my instructors names were David P. Valdez, William Maher and Robert D'benadeto...............1982 to 1991 in 1984 the shcool i was attending closed and myself and a friend began private 5hr lessons twice a week until I moved to florida in 1991 I was a bit of a hellion as a child and this was my fathers way of diclipine.......It worked.
from 1991 thru 1995 I continued training in several shcools in my area never really calling any home for too long.
from 1995 thru present Ive been training in TKD I also have over 3500 hrs. of law enforcement self defence training and seminars.

Recently I have been training in self defence, grappling, ground fighting and close quarters combat with an american who has founded thier own style and I am very excited about this new training.

In summary I guess you could say I have some martial arts experience....I like to consider myself as merly a serious student!

So are you ZDW's new student?

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mya Ryu Jitsu
Has nothing to do with remembering. The answer is right in the post. If you are unable to understand that...well what can I say. I'm as legitimate as anyone here AND with practical experience. Which as I've said, only one poster here has actually checked out first hand rather than issue unsubstantiated accusations...and they are now one of my students. If anyone wants to continue to talk trash, it is through ignorance or merely because they like to cause problems.

Your just mad cause of the direction of the other thread. :rolleyes:

Seems to me, you are unable to answer a straight forward question. Yet, you are quick to make assumption about everyone else. RSK asked you who awarded you those ranks. Why can't you just answer those easy questions? WHo here would have a problem sharing information about the name of their instructors? Seems to me, because the answers can be verified, they are hard to fake. You are simply giving the impression that you are trying to weasel your way out of it. So, by avoiding the question and making accusation, you are doing your reputation and credibility more harm.

OP
Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mya Ryu Jitsu
1972 - began Uechi-ryu and trained to Green belt. Due to changes in the systems hierarchy in Okinawa different factions spit off. Continued on in Pangai-noon off shoot as well as boxing [Grandfather was Golden gloves].

1980 - First Dan.

1983 - Second Dan.

1986 - 3rd Dan, taught military personel Incirlik AB, Turkey. Brad Barnett my Instructor.

1988 - 4th Dan, taught military personel Mcguire AFB, NJ. Instructor James Hill.

1990 - Began training in Shuri Te under Bob Harmer. American off shoot of Shuri Ryu. Began Academy. Began working on the unnamed ZDW system in ernest.

1993 - 5th Dan Pangai-noon A.J. Leverett. First Dan Shuri Te. E.P. Training K.C. Poulin & Ed Wilson. Chemical weapons Instructor O.C.S.O.

1995 - 2nd Dan Shuri Te. Began teaching the as yet unnamed system of ZDW to off duty LEO's. Began training in Chin Na under R. Wilson

1996 - Police D.T. Instructor [John Dressback S.P.P.D.], Police Firearms Instructor J.J. Webber P.C.S.O.], Police Emergency Preparedness Instructor.

1997 - 6th Dan Pangai-noon.

1998 - 3rd Dan Shuri Te.

1999 - Israeli Instinctive Shooting Instructor [Hunan Yadin].

2000 - 4th Dan Shuri Te. Trained under Tony Blauer [S.E.P.S.I.].

2001 - 7th Dan Pangai-noon. Edged weapon Instructor [Sir Peter Boatman]. High Liabilty Instructors-Only seminar with Joe Hess& Tony Lambria [Lead D.T. Instructor for F.L.E.T.C.]. Began training in Catch-as-Catch-can Submission wrestling under G. Long [who trained under Matt Furey].

2002 - Krav Maga practioner [Moti Horenstein], Official recognition of ZDW system. KYHA Florida representative. 5th Dan Shuri Te Michael Dunn. Martial Arts Association of Asia Hall of Fame inductee.

2003 - 8th Dan Pangai-noon. Worldwide Alliance of Martial Artist's Hall of Fame Inductee[Law Enforcement Trainer of the Year].

As I stated earlier the 8th was probably a mistake as it was rushed and I should have been content with 7th as I'm no longer active in teaching this system. But thats 20-20 hindsight. Overall I am satisfied with everything. Looking forward to enhancing things :)

This was posted earlier by ZDW, teacher of Zhao Dai Wei (now recently renamed to Mya Ryu Jitsu - though the spelling of the last word is still incorrect). He lists the names of a number of instructors that he alleges promoted him to the grades stated.

It appears, to me at any rate, that he has finally met RyuShiKan's request. I only wonder why it took so long...

ZDW/MRJ, what does Mya Ryu Jutsu mean?

Thanks.

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
To ajka

to answer your question, yes I am ZDW's student, and I must admit I am impressed.

As you can see I benefited from this site, over the years I have trained with at least 50 Martial Artist's and I can honestly say that he is the real deal. He has plenty of credentials and wall candy but he also has the skills to back it up! and in my book thats what really matters, ZDW made me an offer thru a PM to train with him at his dojo and I accepted now Im hooked I extend this offer to anyone who is planning to visit this area, trust me when I say I dont think youll be disapointed, I thought my skills in self defence were pretty good, not to knock them but I still have much to learn. ZDW and myself only live about one hr. apart in neighboring counties so I understand it was easy for me to take him up on his offer, I would like someday to meet all of you if possible.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I go to the Tampa area from time to time to see family. May look him up one of those times, if I have the spare time during the trip.

Cthulhu

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
cthuhu

send me a PM or e-mail with dates when your heading down I would love to meet with and share some techniques. I cant speek for ZDW but Im sure he would agree.