post op update

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
This prior Thursday I went to see the doctor about my recovery. He told me that yes the swelling is still bad. However, my knee was on the mend at 2x the rate he expected. Yes it istill hurts to bend too far or very often.

However, I have been doing TKD/HKD isometic style kicking through a standable range of motion while sitting. My goal is to be able to return to class the last week of Feb. and go to our National Convention in Cape March 16,17,18.

Since yesterday I have been out of my leg immobilizer and back into my regular leg brace. The nice thing about it is that I can tell the surgery helped with a lot. Just can't do anything about stability without the total joint replacement.

Oh well such as life.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like things are going better than expected, Matt - that's great! Thanks for letting us know.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is EXCELLENT news matt...Keep us posted....

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hang in there Matt! I'll keep sending good thoughts and prayers out your way in hopes ofr a speedy recovery!

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad to hear things are going well, Matt! Don't be in too big of a hurry to get back to those tornado kicks:ultracool

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Take it easy and don't push yourself to the point of injury again! I know, easier said than done.

Keep at it and you'll be at nationals no problem!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping us informed, and I'm glad to hear your healing process is going better than planned! Just keep going at it easy. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way, too!

TKDmel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Matt, with your attitude about things in general, I never had a doubt that things would work out. Keep up the healing, go slow, and get better.

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Go Matt! Go!

Go Matt Go!

--Infy Matt's personal cheering section complete with pomm pomms (sorry no skirt)

P.S. Love they physical therapist.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice to hear the recuperation is coming along nicely! Keep the faith!

Miles

Latest Discussions