Pole vs. Empty Hands

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you don't want to talk about it then perhaps don't make loads of threads about it?

Look. I already noted that I started this thread to give a clean slate on a positive note and invite you to provide further input to support your theory. Because I was still interested in what you had to say. Now you are just being an a$$hole and I have lost interest in anything further you might have to say.

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A lot of them use the same principles, yes. Both methods have a long pointy weapon, stand sideways in relation to the opponent and use a 4 quadrant idea of defense. So it shouldn't be a surprise that they are somewhat similar. But does this mean that Wing Chun Pole and modern Olympic fencing are the identical? No! No more than similarities between the pole and Wing Chun empty hands means they are identical and that the empty hands derived from the pole.

---You asked if they function according to the same principles, not what those principles are. My reply was "yes, a lot of them use the same principles." Happy now?

Sorry I didn't see that. But then you didn't think I had asked the question either- it is easy to forget.

To move this on then, which principles and/or concepts do wing chun pole and western fencing share?

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Look. I already noted that I started this thread to give a clean slate on a positive note and invite you to provide further input to support your theory. Because I was still interested in what you had to say. Now you are just being an a$$hole and I have lost interest in anything further you might have to say.

Again, sorry if I have offended you. It is not intentional.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't see that. But then you didn't think I had asked the question either- it is easy to forget.

To move this on then, which principles and/or concepts do wing chun pole and western fencing share?

It was the post right after the one you quoted!!!!!! Sorry, I'm done discussing anything with you. Have a nice weekend.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
You sound upset?

Upset? No. Frustrated with dealing with someone that seems to have a problem with reading comprehension? Yeah. Maybe a little. ;-)

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry. What am I not understanding that you wish to communicate?

Latest Discussions