Please watch the language

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've gotten several msgs about several members language in some posts. I understand both enthusiasm, and heat, but we need to keep things to the light side of PG, please. (Keeps certain groups off my backside, and my lawyer out of my pocket).

We've got a filter running to weed out the occasional comment, but I need everyones help to keep things running smoothly.

Thanks all. I appreciate it.

Kaith.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The board seems to be mostly populated by mature adults who do not need protection from such language but we must bear in mind the possibility that younger martial artists and would-be martial artists are lurking even if they aren't posting.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Right. The intent is to keep the board accessible to as broad a membership as possible. The intent isn't to turn MT into "Mr Kaiths Neighborhood", (not the least reason of which is combat boots take too long to get off), but keep it open.

I'm forced to follow certain guidelines (COPPA), hosting regs, etc. Last thing we need is someone to swing in here and raise a stink because of something they read/saw.

And no, I'm not telling ya to replace *** with butt, damn with darn or **** with poopoo. :)

And the first person to say "boogerhead" will have it as his "Official Title". :)

Peace.

:asian:

R

RCastillo

Yeah, you animals watch it! This is a family oriented forum!
:soapbox:

G

GouRonin

You HAVE to "watch" the language. It's all in print...
:moon:

F

fist of fury

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz

Right. The intent is to keep the board accessible to as broad a membership as possible. The intent isn't to turn MT into "Mr Kaiths Neighborhood"

So if that was a real show tell us what it would be like, why would I want to tune into Mr Kaith's Neighborhood.

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
"The board seems to be mostly populated by mature adults who do not need protection from such language ..."

Funny, I was under the impression that mature adults don't need to use profanity to intelligently express their thoughts. But for some I'm sure it is easier to be profane than to be intelligent.

I'm sure I'll be flamed for this view, but if we work so hard to perfect and express ourselves physically through intense study of the martial arts, why not take the time to use the correct and intelligent words to get our point across.

Bill

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith:

Have you spoken or addressed the posts that did
get the complaints?

I also would like to hear / 'see' about
"Mr Kaith's Neighborhood?" . Sounds scary to me.

Bill - No Flame - just how dare you have the same
last name as me? :rofl:

Hmmm - Title of 'B---------' not sure it is me.

Could I have "Self Elected President of the Imorral Minority. Over six billion strong!"

Have a nice day everyone

Rich

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Original Issues" - long since settled.

""Mr Kaith's Neighborhood?" - play on words, refers to "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood" a long running PBS series aimed at kids.

F

fist of fury

""Mr Kaith's Neighborhood?" - play on words, refers to "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood" a long running PBS series aimed at kids.

Yes I know thats why I was wondering how your version would differ from the original. A mr rogers neighborhood but with some m.a. action.:D
And instead of coming in a changing your sweater you'd put your gi on.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

:D
Yes Boys and Girls - the word for today is
"PAIN" Now let us practice how this pain can
be given to each other.

:rofl:

Rich :cool:

T

tonbo

Can you say "uppercut"?

I knew you could.

Sometimes, as martial artists, we get the opportunity to share things like uppercuts with others. It is good to know that there are plenty of nice people out there to share with.......

"Tomorrow, tomorrow, we'll start the day tomorrow with a kick or two (one, two!).....tomorrow, tomorrow, we'll start the day tomorrow with some sparring--for YOU!! ......" (sung to the tune of "Tomorrow" at the end of Mr. Rogers....)

Sorry.....didn't mean to get that song in anyone's head....:D

Peace--

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by tonbo

Can you say "uppercut"?

I knew you could.

Sometimes, as martial artists, we get the opportunity to share things like uppercuts with others. It is good to know that there are plenty of nice people out there to share with.......

"Tomorrow, tomorrow, we'll start the day tomorrow with a kick or two (one, two!).....tomorrow, tomorrow, we'll start the day tomorrow with some sparring--for YOU!! ......" (sung to the tune of "Tomorrow" at the end of Mr. Rogers....)

Sorry.....didn't mean to get that song in anyone's head....:D

Peace--

I was going to say that is sick and wrong.

But it is not wrong, it is just sick.:D

I love it.:cool:

Rich

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

They are animals:rofl:

Oh yeah. Well, Arizona, starts with the letter"A". so they go first!:toilclaw: