Please Help

dbell

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for insulting me.

But I know it wasn't symptoms of a stroke.
And I'm able to work out today. So it's obviously not an ongoing situation. (Such as blood blockage).

I think wushuguy has the best idea.

I am a Physician's Assistant, and I have to say GO TO THE DOCTOR NOW! Just because you are feeling better now doesn't mean there isn't a problem that needs checked out. And yes, it could be "blood blockage" as you say and not show as a problem now, problems, in early stage diseases can come and go. This COULD be that. (I'm not saying it is that, just that it COULD be something along that lines. And no, I don't mean "blood blockage" but some other issue. Sounds more respiratory or neurological to me from a distance, and without hands on exam, lab work, etc.

The symptoms you presented here could be VERY VERY serious.

dbell

Blue Belt
Reaction score
But in reality... I had to be educated in some medical procedures when I was being trained as a technician. One being how to tell the symptoms of stroke. The body is like a very complicated computer. A slight know how of the body... can sometimes help you conclude what an issue could be.

Symptoms of what kind of stroke? Each category of stroke, depending on where it is happening presents differently, or not at all... What kind of technician were you training for? Medical Tech? Computer Tech (since you compare the body to a computer)?

I know a LOT about the body, and without proper test I don't conclude much... I look into it and find out what it is as much as possible.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know... I never really like going to doctor.
I won't say how long it's been since I've been to one.

But I can't see one tonight being how late it is. So I decided to see if anyone else has experienced it and can perhaps shed some light on the situation.
Just because I said I don't like going, doesn't mean I'm not going.

Other people have tried to be nice. I won't be.

Go to the God damned doctor. If you don't you could die or become a cripple. These sound like possible symptoms of a stroke or something else bad. I don't know. You don't know. The only way to find out is to see the doctor. If it is some sort of CVA every hour you've wasted could be brain cells gone forever. Are you afraid it will be bad news? Maybe it will be. But if it's bad and you keep putting it off you could end up crippled or ****ing dead.

I nearly died a few years ago because I put off seeing the doctor. By the time I went the cancer had invaded my lymph system, esophagus and upper chest.

If you think you "don't like" going to the doctor just wait until the doctors come to you in the ICU or the nursing home or to get permission from your family for an autopsy.

Last edited:

Aikicomp

Purple Belt
Reaction score
At this point I'm pretty sure it was
1)not eating properly
2)The blood choke I barely escaped from

Since I went to look up what happens when you start to black out from a blood choke.

So, you're doing katemi-waza in a jujustu school/class, you barely escape two blood chokes and then come here and descibe what happened to you looking for answers from non medical personnel. Interesting.

Then you go look up what the effects of a blood choke are? Odd kind of putting the cart before the horse, no?

The effects of a blood choke are EXACTLY what you described and if held any longer than the time of your "barely escaping" them you would be dead....that is what they are designed to do....cut off the blood supply to the brain and kill you. Plain and simple, end of story.

However, what disturbs me more than your disregard for your own safety and ignorance of what you were doing, is that you are attending a school which obviously is teaching Shime-waza without telling you what the techniques are designed for and more importantly the instructors blatant disregard for the safety of their students.

Really scary to hear about what some of the clubs/schools are doing out there and the so called instructors teaching in them.

Michael

Latest Discussions