Play-by-post game

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know this has been generally discussed in the past, but I'm interested in actually starting it out. Thinking about starting a play-by-post rpg game with pure martial characters. The idea would be to focus on whatever style you actually practice, and would be more rpg-based than technical dnd/pathfinder rules-based. I could create the world for it, and come up with concrete grappling/striking/weapons rules for it, but want to know who would be officially interested. If there's enough interest, I could create a side section in here for people to take quests together, and go on adventures together; if there's only a bit of interest to start I could just make a general story. Or if someone else wanted to I'm fine with that too, they'd just have to message me that they want to take charge.

Either way, if people are interested, let me know, either in reply here or in private chat. If I feel there's enough interest I'll start it. If not, I won't. Simple as that.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be down to try it. I've played online/remote games with things like roll20, but nothing like this.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have done a play by post. Combat was more just a general description and review of the characters and the Story Teller decided upon the results.
I would be interested in your ideas on rules.
And I also understand (* As I have been a play tester before *) that sometimes you find something broken and you have to restart :D

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cool, I am certainly intrigued! I have very little idea how it all works.. but I am intrigued at this stage :)

Latest Discussions