PFC Paul COnlon, Mashpee, MA

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
http://www.wickedlocal.com/somerville/news/x411734947/Pfc-Paul-E-Conlon-Jr-21-dies-in-Afghanistan

Before he entered federal service, Paul was a cadet in my Civil Air Patrol wing. He left before I joined, and so I never personally knew him, but many of the cadets and senior members had stories to share of him.

It didn't surprise any of them that Paul pushed aside his own wounds to help his comrades. He exhibited those traits even with the cadets he worked with.

Military men and women, down through the centuries, have traditionally exchanged “Hand Salutes” as a sign of recognition and as a way to render courtesy and respect one to another.

This final, written “Hand Salute” is the last that I will render to PFC Paul Conlon .

To his family it symbolizes the gratitude and respect that I have for Paul and all those like him. And to Paul it is rendered as a symbol of honor and gratitude to thank him for the ultimate sacrifice he made in combat while serving the U.S. Army and his country. No greater love is shown than a man lay down his life for another. Paul, I never knew you but mourn your passing just the same. Rest well, Soldier, you've earned it. I'll see you on the Fiddler's Green.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No better epitaph does a man receive than the respect of his peers.

I am not one of those peers but add my genuine sentiments to those that are :sensei rei:.

Latest Discussions