Petitioning for public office?

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello all,

If a student, or a parent of a student, approached you and wanted to ask people in your school to sign a petition for him / her to run for a public office would you let them? Why or why not? I am curious as to what school owners / managers would do but I am also interested to hear input from everyone. This is a situation that I have not considered before.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello all,

If a student, or a parent of a student, approached you and wanted to ask people in your school to sign a petition for him / her to run for a public office would you let them? Why or why not? I am curious as to what school owners / managers would do but I am also interested to hear input from everyone. This is a situation that I have not considered before.

I guess it depend what office and why?

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel that the DoJo is neutral ground, so as to encourage an optimal learning experience. Better to stick with the things at hand.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Then I would probaly say leave it out just for the sake of offending some of your students and potentials. If it was for like a school board member or an alterman than I do not believe that would be that big of a deal.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Generally signing such petitions is a good thing as it gives us more choices on the ballot.

However, there is a time and a place for everything...... and I do not believe a dojo is the place.

We have seen on this forum what a blood sport American politics has become; intruding it into the dojo can bring no good and much possible harm.

Latest Discussions