Pet food recall expands...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the update - I am so glad that Sable's food is made by a different company - and I feel so sorry for the pet owners who unknowingly fed their pets this food :(

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My cats are on a prescription diet for diabetes and weight management. We bought it long before this problem began, but our supply is getting low. I spoke with the vet office about a week ago, at that time they told me that anything purchased directly from them was OK. I am sure our current supply is fine, but I hope they are still in the clear when I need to buy more...

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Like I said, go for meat and veggies directly. Your animals will be happier. They will be healthier. You won't end up spending any more.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The recall has now expanded again... look here for continuing updated details.

April 17
Brand
Look For This Date On The Bottom of Can or Back of Pouch
Variety Description
Can / Pouch
Size
UPC
Natural Life
Nov/22/09​
Vegetarian 13.2oz
Can
13.2oz
12344-07114

April 16
The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) was informed today, April 16, 2007, that Natural Balance Pet Foods has received consumer complaints regarding the Venison & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food, and Venison & Green Pea Dry Cat Foods. The company does not know the cause of the problems, but has received reports of animals vomiting and experiencing kidney problems. Although the company is stating that the problems seem to be focused on one particular lot, as a precautionary measure, the company is pulling all dates of Venison & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food and Venison & Green Pea Dry Cat Food from the shelves.
The company is advising consumers to discontinue feeding all Venison and Brown Rice Dry Dog Food, and Venison and Green Pea Dry Cat Food.
The FDA is working closely with Natural Balance and is actively investigating this problem. There is no indication at this time whether this is related to the ongoing pet food recalls. For more information, please see: http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/

Latest Discussions