Pastor shot during gun safety class

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Whoa. That's some broken logic,

there is some questionable logic going on here, but I really like the correlation to how our society manages automobiles. I'll post more completely if I get on with a keyboard. But simply put, we manage the risks of automobiles in many, many ways. From mandated liability insurance, to safety features throughout the vehicles, to continuous maintanence and improvements to our roads, we are extremely creative and diligent. We are literally confounded at every turn in every attempt to mitigate the inherent risks involved with guns. I would wholeheartedly endorse applying our national approach to automobiles to the subject of guns.
Good in theory but you have no Constitutional right to drive a car so the Govt can put as many restrictions as it wants on it.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Good in theory but you have no Constitutional right to drive a car so the Govt can put as many restrictions as it wants on it.
There is no right we have under the constitution that is completely unrestricted or unregulated.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
doesn't make it right. "Shall not be infringed" is pretty clear
Well regulated seems clear, as well. I'm of the opinion that all reasonable people understand that some regulation is needed. I'm also of the opinion that there is much to learn from the way we have managed automobiles. The SCOTUS is there to determine whether it is unconstitutional, but I believe there is plenty of room too prove our current situation.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I apologize. Reflecting on this thread, I believe I and several others have strayed too far into the political side of it. I'll step out before the thread gets locked. :)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I apologize. Reflecting on this thread, I believe I and several others have strayed too far into the political side of it. I'll step out before the thread gets locked. :)
you got something on your nose

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well regulated seems clear, as well. I'm of the opinion that all reasonable people understand that some regulation is needed. I'm also of the opinion that there is much to learn from the way we have managed automobiles. The SCOTUS is there to determine whether it is unconstitutional, but I believe there is plenty of room too prove our current situation.

Just one thing:

gungrammar.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
you got something on your nose
Lol. Truly, I think whatever points I have to make are well made over the years. Whether you disagree or not, I'm pretty sure you understand where I'm at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lol. Truly, I think whatever points I have to make are well made over the years. Whether you disagree or not, I'm pretty sure you understand where I'm at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it was a joke

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't recall hearing anyone seriously suggest any such thing. Every law-abiding citizen should have THE RIGHT TO carry a gun is what I've heard and seen.
Perhaps it is not said everyone should carry a gun, but certainly each time there is a mass shooting and people call for gun control, pro gun lobbiests do counter with the argument that if more people carried guns there would be fewer mass shootings.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks,
Martial Talk is really not the place to discuss gun control laws. Some room for limited practical discussion (that's legal, that's illegal), Let's keep the discussion to what happened in this incident, and move away from the politics. We have a sister forum at US Message Board for political discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions