Passed Blue Belt Test!!! :)

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I finally had my test on this Past Saturday....

And I personally was unprepared, I was told to be ready though, my sensei told me that I would be test when he felt I was ready.....and Saturday was the day

I found out that I passed yesterday, and that there would be some kind of Ceremony Saturday, I don't know whats going ot happen there accept my the presentation of my blue belt. He said something about me being promoted to Junior student as well.

Well anyways I'll update you all with what happenes this Saturday

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sin said:
I finally had my test on this Past Saturday....

Congratulations.

And I personally was unprepared, I was told to be ready though, my sensei told me that I would be test when he felt I was ready.....and Saturday was the day

That's how they get you... By surprise and when you are least prepared.

I found out that I passed yesterday, and that there would be some kind of Ceremony Saturday, I don't know whats going ot happen there accept my the presentation of my blue belt. He said something about me being promoted to Junior student as well.

So why the delay? Was there a review of notes or something? What did you have to do for the exam? What is your belt system? What is the difference between any old student and a "Junior" student?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations, Sin.

Matt Stone said:
So why the delay? Was there a review of notes or something?
We don't always find out right away either. Perhaps the post-test delay is part of the test itself?

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wooo HOOO :partyon: congrats Sin! Yes tell us all about it!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Way to go keep up the good work. Now get back in there in train!:partyon:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!!!!! :partyon:

MJS

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
CONGRATS, Well done!!!

OP
Sin

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah i'll be sure to keep you guys up to date, and I appresiate all the support.

honestly matt I don't know what kind of things went through my Sensei's mind from the time I took the test, and the time I found out I passed. Maybe it was still a test of patence, I have no clue.

The difference between a regular student and a junior student, is that the junior student has several privalages, such as special classes, and one on one sessions with sensei himself.

hope that cears things up a bit

OP
Sin

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
ok the other night i was presented my blue belt, along with my certificate.
So i'm gonna frame it and hang it up somewheres.

To clearify the junior student ranking a little more....when you reach that level you begin to learn more of the healing aspects of martial arts.

dsp921

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sin said:
How come I have no idea what you are talking about?
I think that quote from MACaver is from an old Don Knott's movie, just wanted to verify, I don't want to go off topic but something like that could rattle around in my head for days....

OP
Sin

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Anywho,
i joke around with my little brother and sister sometimes not even in class, and we can be hanging out with people that don't even know we take Karate, and I will say 'Its such a pretty blue" in a funny voice and it cracks them up (sister 10 brother 15)

as the assistent instructor I am an example to them in and outside of the dojo, i try to keep serious in the dojo and still adhereing to the dojo motto out side of the dojo, showing them that you can still have fun playing by the rules, but as an older brother I have always had that responsiblity.

Latest Discussions