pain after getting cut

argyll

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just wanted to add that I've read two accounts in criminal trials where the "victim" received major thrusts or slashes to the chest or abdomen, but was unaware that they were cut until sometime later. In one case once the victim realized the extent of the injury, the visual impact stopped his fighting. In the other the victim left the scene before succumbing to his fatal injuries.

Best regards,

Argyll

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
argyll said:
Just wanted to add that I've read two accounts in criminal trials where the "victim" received major thrusts or slashes to the chest or abdomen, but was unaware that they were cut until sometime later. In one case once the victim realized the extent of the injury, the visual impact stopped his fighting. In the other the victim left the scene before succumbing to his fatal injuries.

Best regards,

Argyll

Good points, Argyll, and it supports what I have said.

This fits in line with what the data I have seen shows. I recommend that everyone takes this variable into account when coming up with knife encounter solutions.

Something to keep in mind is that often martial artists make reasonable conclusions based off faulty variables or premises. This isn't because the individual isn't smart or logical. This is usually due to lack of research or insufficient data. The danger here is that one could base an entire approach to combat off false evidence, leading to an approach that is doomed to fail in reality.

I recommend to all that you don't become a victim of this.

Paul

Latest Discussions