Overtraining?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Like other people have stated, Resting is key to getting stronger. Resting isn't just about you getting sleep. It's about giving your body time to heal.
I train 5 days a week with 2 days to rest sometimes I have to take 3 depending on the damage I've done.

Take 2 days off and you'll notice a big difference in strength and performance. If you over train then you'll run into illness which causes other complications because your body is exhausted. In reality you can actually die from exhaustion alone. But if you still have doubts lets see what Cung Le has to say

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah my performance today was terrible. I know I am capable of better which is why it is so frustrating. I'll spend some time with my sister or something.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your training has to incorporate rest and recovery. If you don't build in rest and recovery time, you won't progress. AT BEST you'll plateau. More likely, you'll regress as the injuries to you muscles got worse and worse.

In a kind of crappy analogy, think about a rechargeable drill. If you drain the battery, but never recharge it -- it won't do anything after a while. Your muscles and body are similar: if you constantly tear them down with intense training, you'll find yourself unable to do anything.

OP
Ironbear24

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
I eat about 200 grams of protein a day. According to bodybuilding. Com I am supposed to be eating 244 but I question that because I have gained muscle on less than that.