omg single chi sau

matsu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
please tell me you all felt you were drunk or had an alient take over your body and it would respond to your commands when you all first started single chi sau.
i lost my virginity with it last nite and it was horrible. ugly yet simple clever beautiful BUT impossible to do!!!
how can six moves be so hard for me to physically perform.???

yet my 15yr old clicked with it straight away and laughed at me the the whole ride home!

dammit i,m hooked!

matsu

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think when i first started with single arm chi sau my main thought was how the hell do these people keep doing this for so long my shoulder is killing me because i was just lifting my elbow instead of cork screwing it into bong sau .
I also remember my partner had really hairy arms and it felt like he was grinding my skin off with his wire brush like hairy arms.

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
please tell me you all felt you were drunk or had an alient take over your body and it would respond to your commands when you all first started single chi sau.
i lost my virginity with it last nite and it was horrible. ugly yet simple clever beautiful BUT impossible to do!!!
how can six moves be so hard for me to physically perform.???

yet my 15yr old clicked with it straight away and laughed at me the the whole ride home!

dammit i,m hooked!

matsu

To be honest, you may have started too early. My students have been training WC for a year and a half, and have only started doing it - they struggle!

You need to be drilled into lok sao, and train your stance well before doing it in order for your brain to get to grips with it

I always frown upon guys who jump straight into poon sao and chi sao in their first lesson. You have to build stance work and foundation

If you start boxing or karate, they will work your basic structures for a long time before getting you into free drills

I'm glad you are enjoying wing chun Matsu, and it is nice to see people who love the art, but maybe slow it down a notch. Just my advice

OP
M

matsu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
lmao mook, that was funny!!

thanks kamon, to be honest it was a different sifu that taught us last nite and i,m sure sifu sinclair would agree with you.
i am really glad i tried it and i doubt i will again class for a while yet, but i felt like i really was doing "proppa" wing chun!
the art itself not just learning self defense.

loving it buddy,
oh check out the website mate, we got a top top world champ ju-jitsu guy,good friend of sifu james doing a grappling wkshop.you might wanna check it out!!!

matsu

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Its not Kevin Chan is it?? Lol

That's why I respect James Sinclair a lot. He organises many seminars and is very opne to 'what works' and not just keeping movements for traditions sake

I hope you find the grappling seminar 'illuminating'. Its a whole other world

OP
M

matsu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
its a rick young seminar?
i cant make this one but will defo get to the next one!

thank you for comments re sifu james.

matsu

Seeker

Orange Belt
Reaction score
When I first started dan chi sau, it was a snap. Until I started doing it with advanced students. It's easy when two new guys are doing it, jerky, rhythmic. But the advanced students did not afford such comforts.

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
its a rick young seminar?
i cant make this one but will defo get to the next one!

thank you for comments re sifu james.

matsu

Haha thats quite amusing - Rick Young and Kevin Chan are black belts from the same organisation!!!

Rick Yong is very good, plus he is a JKD master so he knows a bit of wing chun too!

Is it an open seminar?

OP
M

matsu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
ive heard he is very good and does intergrete some wing chun into his bjj semianrs.
he is a good friend of sifu james.
i believe the class is open ,only 5 spaces left i believe.
check out the website mate
www.ukwingchun.com

or phone sifu james. the number is on the seminar advert.

sounds like i,m gonna miss a good session. my mate vince will be there without me dammit!!!

matsu

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yeah it will be good because you will start to see where BJJ becomes very effective. There are many parts of BJJ which are designed purley for sport. But things like a rear naked choke can really help you in fights. I've been in situations where my punches had no effect because the guy was high on drugs or fuelled by alcohol (if you ever watch CCTV shows you'll know what I mean).

Rick Young was given his BJJ by Mauricio Gomes who is the teacher of Kevin Chan. I know that Kevin Chan has rolled with Rick Young before. It is good to see other federations taking interest in the whole BJJ/Wing Chun issue
Wing chun artists are so fearful or so adamant that they do not need BJJ, that they steer clear of anything BJJ related. As we have discussed before, BJJ is just an extension of what you have already learnt in wing chun. If you get taken to the floor, use BJJ to recover, get back into a position where you can use your wing chun effectively

I might try and get along to that seminar – unfortunately I couldn’t see a date listed on the seminar though

OP
M

matsu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
yeah i am gutted that i have to miss it.
we have a few sifus that train in bjj and other arts, again to compliment and refine how useful their wing chun will be in diff situations.

seminar is 16th november. a lil pop up box will hit you as you go to website with sifu james no on it!

matsu

Latest Discussions