Oh the humanity, oh the horror, OMG that hurts, just thinking about it

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
[h=1]'Zip-related genital injuries' send 1,700 men to ER each year[/h]
By Brian Alexander NBC News EXCERPT

updated 3/19/2013

I thought it was just me. But according to a study published this month in the British Journal of Urology International by a University of California San Francisco urology resident named Herman Singh Bagga, an estimated 17,616 people wound up in U.S. emergency rooms between 2002 and 2012 because they caught their genitals, almost always penises, in zippers.
If you’re giggling right now, you’ve never done it.
And you’ve probably done it. Zipper injuries are the single most common cause of penile injury in adult men reporting to emergency rooms, Bagga explained in an interview, followed by bicycles. (In small boys, the most common cause of penile injury is a toilet seat slamming down when the child is urinating – “you’d be surprised how many little boys rest their penises on the rim,” Bagga said -- followed by zippers.)
END EXCERPT
There's something about Mary

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how accurate his stats are. I've seen more penile fractures than zipper injuries. And penile fractures are far more serious.

Zipper injuries are primarily the result of things: going commando and being drunk.

Penile fractures, of course, are mostly caused by convincing yourself that you're as big as you told your friends...

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little of topic, but a bit of useless information.

The zippers in America are on the opposite side, is amazing how hard if is to do up after 38 years of zippers on the other side. My family is constantly nipping or fingers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Never had a zipper accident but I got a bad feeling in my stomach just thinking about it. Reading this almost makes me pre cautious when I wear shorts/pants with zippers ouch

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It ain't just zippers.

Many, many moons ago, I was an EMT working for a private ambulance company. We were at a local hospital picking up a patient for a transfer to a nursing home when Houston FD rolled in hot. They unloaded a patient on a gurney who was screaming like a banshee and ran him into the back. A few minutes later, one of the HFD guys came out to do paperwork and we got the story.

Condensed version: patient was a male in his 60s who had been drinking, picked up a girl, took her home and tried to do the deed with her. He couldn't get it up, so he decided to help himself out by running a fever thermometer up his johnson. And it broke....

:jaw-dropping: :eye-popping: :wah:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ouch to the last post and the idea that is related in the OP. Darn hit hurts to think about these things

Latest Discussions