Occupy Vermin (not the participants this time)

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Posted at 02:36 PM ET, 01/09/2012 [h=1]City: Rat population has ‘exploded’ around Occupy D.C. camps[/h] By Annie Gowen
Washington Post EXCERPT:

The rat population around the two Occupy D.C. camps at McPherson Square and Freedom Plaza has “exploded”since protesters began their vigil in October, according to Mohammad N. Akhter, the director of the District’s Department of Health.
Akhter said in an interview Monday that city health inspectors have seen rats running openly through both camps and spotted numerous new burrows and nests underneath hay-stuffed pallets occupiers are using for beds. Both campsites had working kitchens for weeks until last week, but protesters at McPherson Square voluntarily closed down theirs after health inspectors pointed out unsanitary conditions during an informal monitoring visit.
Akhter said his concerns about the health and safety at the camps prompted him to order a city-wide review of conditions there, including input from health inspectors, mental health professionals, experts on the homeless and others. He is reviewing their findings this week.
“I’m very supportive of their rights and ability to demonstrate but I have concerns about their personal safety,” Akhter said.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
get an exterminator with a pack of Jack Russel terriers in there....
I am sure the carnage will run a few off. :angel:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, but if you run them off, what are the rats going to do?

In Washington? Somehow I think they can survive just fine. Heck they probably already figured out how to ride the metro :lol:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get an exterminator with a pack of Jack Russel terriers in there....
I am sure the carnage will run a few off. :angel:

Jack Russells...the Shetland pony of the dog world. Small dogs, small ponies and short men all have 'little man' syndrome!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Jack Russells...the Shetland pony of the dog world. Small dogs, small ponies and short men all have 'little man' syndrome!

roflmao!!

But in this context I beg to differ....Jackies and Sh!tlands KNOW they are big!

:lfao:

The other category thinks they are Napoleon.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah, but who would pay for the exterminator? Certainly not the Occupiers. Let the greedy 1% pay!

Pax,

Chris

LOL, true enough, though the dogs work for the just rewards. killing rats id fun for them, after all.

Latest Discussions