• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Sensei Payne

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
The quote you referred to doesn't state you have the right to fly .. . is says that while flying you have the right to travel through all open air space ...

It doesn't state you have the right to board the plane, that's a privilege offered by the air carrier ...

You have to go through same TSA screenings as a pilot of your own Airplane.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, who needs the TSA....pilots can kick you off for not pulling up your pants when ordered.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, who needs the TSA....pilots can kick you off for not pulling up your pants when ordered.

Now that gives a whole new meaning to "Pants On The Ground...." :eek: :lol2:

OP
Sensei Payne

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Who in there right mind would want a total stranger feeling up there junk, and looking at outlines of there naked body..it generally sounds creepy to me.

JohnEdward

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Who in there right mind would want a total stranger feeling up there junk, and looking at outlines of there naked body..it generally sounds creepy to me.

For some disturbed individuals that is a dream job. What person in their right mind want to do that as a job. It isn't like the beautiful people are the only ones that fly.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The quote you referred to doesn't state you have the right to fly .. . is says that while flying you have the right to travel through all open air space ...

It doesn't state you have the right to board the plane, that's a privilege offered by the air carrier ...

I don't think I understand your statements. You began by stating that no one has the right to fly. They do, I cited the law that says so. Then you say that the law in question doesn't state citizens have a right to fly, but a right to 'travel through all open air space'. That's pretty much flying, unless you know a different way to travel through open air space. Then you back away from even that statement (apparently) and say that what you really meant was that citizens do not have the right to board an aircraft. Well, I never said they did. You said citizens don't have the right to fly, you're incorrect about that, they do have that right.

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/49/VII/A/I/401/40103

(2) A citizen of the United States has a public right of transit
through the navigable airspace.

"public right of transit" means "right to travel" and "through the navigable airspace" means "flight." I am not an attorney, but that's pretty clear to me.

Do citizens have the right to board aircraft? Not that I'm aware of. But I never said they did, I was merely responding to your statement.

OP
Sensei Payne

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow, at the time of this post...we are tied on weather it is unconstitutional or not...and thats really compelling.

Sometimes things are really going to be split down the middle, and I guess thats what the courts are for.

Phenix_Rider

Orange Belt
Reaction score
IT'S STILL OPTIONAL. I fly a lot, and all of it since these things have been around. Haven't yet gone through the scanners or been molested. That's eight flights in the last four weeks, and god knows how many in the last year. Through several major hubs and minor locales across the country. You can choose to go through the standard metal detectors, and if you're calm and follow the rules, you can expect things to go smoothly. The worst I've had is a second go round through the metal detector or a wanding because I forgot to take off my belt. I don't see that as unreasonable at all, and I don't see removing my shoes or laptop as any more than a minor inconvenience.

Do some TSA employees take this too far? Of course, it's human nature. But denying service and treating them ALL as undesireable is foolish. What is needed is more training and more individual accountability. And of course, more common sense on everyone's part.

OP
Sensei Payne

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
IT'S STILL OPTIONAL. I fly a lot, and all of it since these things have been around. Haven't yet gone through the scanners or been molested. That's eight flights in the last four weeks, and god knows how many in the last year. Through several major hubs and minor locales across the country. You can choose to go through the standard metal detectors, and if you're calm and follow the rules, you can expect things to go smoothly. The worst I've had is a second go round through the metal detector or a wanding because I forgot to take off my belt. I don't see that as unreasonable at all, and I don't see removing my shoes or laptop as any more than a minor inconvenience.

Do some TSA employees take this too far? Of course, it's human nature. But denying service and treating them ALL as undesireable is foolish. What is needed is more training and more individual accountability. And of course, more common sense on everyone's part.

My girlfriend just went on a vacation...she took a one way flight from Nashville, to Greenville, SC...She had to go through the full body scanner...it was not an Option..everyone had to. She hasn't flown since pre 9/11...she flew once...and was scanned...she is American born, Caucasian woman, with no Criminal Background, holds a Bacholors's Degree in Communications, and is the General manager of a Claire's in a Mall..she is absolutely no threat to security, but they invaded her privacy and 4th amendment right.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you think the TSA is restricted to airports, you're wrong. TSA is being introduced to train and bus travel, as well as plans for check points on the high ways. Oh, also senior proms.

OP
Sensei Payne

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
If you think the TSA is restricted to airports, you're wrong. TSA is being introduced to train and bus travel, as well as plans for check points on the high ways. Oh, also senior proms.

Thats exactly right...and it has also been found that they have hired Agents with a Criminal background.

but it doesn't matter...they shouldn't be groping people anyways..its just not right.

Latest Discussions