The Philadelphia Horror: How mass murder gets a pass

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Philadelphia Horror: How mass murder gets a pass
by Michelle Malkin
Creators Syndicate
Copyright 2011 EXCERPT:

Let’s give the “climate of hate” rhetoric a rest for a moment. It’s time to talk about the climate of death in which the abortion industry thrives unchecked. Dehumanizing rhetoric, rationalizing language, and a callous disregard for life have numbed America to its monstrous consequences. Consider the Philadelphia Horror.
In the City of Brotherly Love, hundreds of babies were murdered by a scissors-wielding monster over four decades. Whistleblowers informed public officials at all levels of the wanton killings of innocent life. But a parade of government health bureaucrats and advocates protecting the abortion racket looked the other way – until, that is, a Philadelphia grand jury finally exposed the infanticide factory run by abortionist Kermit B. Gosnell, M.D., and a crew of unlicensed, untrained butchers masquerading as noble providers of women’s “choice.” Prosecutors charged Gosnell and his death squad with multiple counts of murder, infanticide, conspiracy, abuse of corpse, theft, and other offenses.
The 281-page grand jury report (see full embedded document below) released Wednesday provides a bone-chilling account of how Gosnell’s “Women’s Medical Society” systematically preyed on poor, minority pregnant women and their live, viable babies. The report’s introduction lays out the criminal enterprise that claimed the lives of untold numbers of babies — and mothers:
“This case is about a doctor who killed babies and endangered women. What we mean is that he regularly and illegally delivered live, viable, babies in the third trimester of pregnancy – and then murdered these newborns by severing their spinal cords with scissors. The medical practice by which he carried out this business was a filthy fraud in which he overdosed his patients with dangerous drugs, spread venereal disease among them with infected instruments, perforated their wombs and bowels – and, on at least two occasions, caused their deaths. Over the years, many people came to know that something was going on here. But no one put a stop to it.”
Echoing the same kind of dark euphemisms plied by Planned Parenthood propagandists who refer to unborn life as “fetal and uterine material,” Gosnell referred to his deadly trade as “ensuring fetal demise.” Reminiscent of the word wizards who refer to the skull-crushing partial-birth abortion procedure as “intact dilation and evacuation” and “intrauterine cranial decompression,” Gosnell described his destruction of babies’ spinal cords as “snipping.”

END EXCERPT
I made it to page 40 of the 281 page grand jury and could not get any farther. This man, his employees and everyone who SHOULD have stopped him should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Their names and crimes should be known worldwide alongside Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mengele.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Alright, decrying climate of hate and using incitefull language in the same article...
I am not quiet seeing the point?

I was trying to sift through the hate to figure out what the crime was.
Abortions being legal and all. So it would be a case of the MD not being specialized in the area? Or his staff isn't? Did his patients die? I mean, the term 'butcher' would imply - to me at least - that they were using rusty coat hangers and leaving women to bleed to death by the thousands....

OOHHHHH, ok, the italic part...

got it...rusty coat hangers...

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Alright, decrying climate of hate and using incitefull language in the same article...

Abortions being legal and all. So it would be a case of the MD not being specialized in the area? Or his staff isn't? Did his patients die? I mean, the term 'butcher' would imply - to me at least - that they were using rusty coat hangers and leaving women to bleed to death by the thousands....

This guy, killed newborns, as a matter of course. He had cats wandering through the "clinic" had a 15 year old administering IV drugs, reused surgical instruments until they broke, and wasn't investigated and shut down because the government didn't want to stir up the abortion debate.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

First of all, I understand your point; the anti-abortion advocates are using this as a wedge issue to put their point across, and the article Big Don cited is definitely using some of that same sort of language they appear to dislike.

However, there appears to have been crimes committed here; serious ones.

If I am reading the news articles correctly, the doctor and some of his staff are accused not of performing abortions incorrectly, or of being unlicensed, etc, as such; they are accused of murder. In a least several cases, they are accused of having delivered living babies and then killing post-delivery.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/abortion-dr.-kermit-gosnell-arrested

He is also facing seven murder charges for the deaths of infants who were killed after being born viable and alive during the 6th, 7th and 8th month of pregnancy.
Gosnell "induced labor, forced the live birth of viable babies in the sixth, seventh, eighth month of pregnancy and then killed those babies by cutting into the back of the neck with scissors and severing their spinal cord," District Attorney Seth Williams said.
Along with the murder charges the District Attorney has charged Gosnell with Infanticide, Conspiracy, Abortion at 24 or more weeks, Abuse of Corpse, Theft, Corruption of Minors, Solicitation and other related offenses.

Abortion is legal in most circumstances in the USA, but not all. Late-term abortions are generally prohibited; those being cases where the baby *could* survive if delivered, but the abortion procedure kills the fetus prior to delivery.

While many will argue the gray area that blurs the border of when a fetus becomes a person, and thus has legal rights (including the right to be alive), there is no argument that I am aware of in circumstances where the baby is delivered, alive, and is then put to death. That is not abortion, that is murder.

I would urge us all to use good behavior and decorum in this thread; it's a very emotional issue for many.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Even if the conditions were safe, not being properly certified means you are committing murder.
Sean

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Even if the conditions were safe, not being properly certified means you are committing murder.
Sean

I would have to respectfully disagree with that statement. Performing an unlicensed abortion is certainly illegal, but I doubt it would be charged as murder unless the definition of murder were met; specifically that a 'person' as currently defined by law were illegally killed. While we may all disagree on what the definition of a 'person' is, generally speaking a person has been born and is alive.

There are exceptions; I am aware that some have been charged with two counts of homicide for killing a pregnant woman near term; but speaking in general I suspect unlicensed abortion would not rise to the definition of murder.

All this to say, however, that delivering a live baby and then killing it is most definitely murder in my opinion. It would appear a Grand Jury also thought so in the cited case.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Click on the link in the OP! Scroll past the commentary! READ the grand jury's report linked there! If you do not HATE this man, his employees and every level of state bureaucracy that allowed this to go on, something is seriously wrong with you.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, such a thin line between a legal medical procedure and murder for some people. I have to think that more thought needs to be put into this issue from the pro side. A slip of paper protects someone from murder. What if he had let his lisence laps for one day. Would the "legal procedures" for that day be murder, but the procedures the day before and the day he renewed his lisence be okay? So in the future, make sure the baby is not alive before it clears the womb, because if you end its life just outside of the womb, that would be murder?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, such a thin line between a legal medical procedure and murder for some people. I have to think that more thought needs to be put into this issue from the pro side. A slip of paper protects someone from murder. What if he had let his lisence laps for one day. Would the "legal procedures" for that day be murder, but the procedures the day before and the day he renewed his lisence be okay? So in the future, make sure the baby is not alive before it clears the womb, because if you end its life just outside of the womb, that would be murder?
Take a cop's badge away, and he or she can not fight crime anymore. It is really quite simple. You are or you aren't authorized.
Sean

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I realize it is a very difficult thing to have a calm discussion about, but I know we can try.

In this particular case, the charge is murder; people have been killed illegally. Living, breathing, and having already been born. This is not part of the abortion debate as such, although it certainly intersects with arguments pro and con abortion and the point at which a fetus becomes a person. In this case, there is no question as far as I can tell; licensing has nothing to do with it. This would be murder if performed under any conditions by any person, regardless of license. Once a child is born and breathes, it is alive and a person by any legal definition I am aware of. Killing the child is no different than killing an adult in the eyes of the law at this point; there is no medical license to allow such things to be done, ever.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I realize it is a very difficult thing to have a calm discussion about, but I know we can try.

why would or should anyone remain calm over some disgusting piece of filth delivering a baby then using scissors to kill the baby?
No screw that calm bullcrap. This guy is a pile of crap serial killer and deserves to be removed from society as soon as possible.
This is no abortion, this is murder, the most horrible of all murders I can possibly think of.
Calm has nothing to do with the situation, if you can remain calm after reading this then you have problems.
I damn near vomited just reading the post, I am not even going to go read the rest of it because its to horrible. I have seen some horrible stuff in my life, but the thought of what this monster did is truely horrifying.
Calm?
no calm has nothing to do with this conversation.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
why would or should anyone remain calm over some disgusting piece of filth delivering a baby then using scissors to kill the baby?
No screw that calm bullcrap. This guy is a pile of crap serial killer and deserves to be removed from societythe living as soon as possible.
This is no abortion, this is murder, the most horrible of all murders I can possibly think of.
Calm has nothing to do with the situation, if you can remain calm after reading this then you have problems.
I damn near vomited just reading the post, I am not even going to go read the rest of it because its to horrible. I have seen some horrible stuff in my life, but the thought of what this monster did is truely horrifying.
Calm?
Fixed that for you. :)

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree with Bill most strongly on this.

I am not anti-abortion but abortion is not what was being dealt with by the legal system in this case (as far as I could tell with a sinfully skimpy look at the OP).

A baby that has been born is a person in it's own right to my mind - is there a legal definition on this do you think? There surely must be.

Bringing a baby forth and then killing it is murder as far as I would judge it - not that I have any special credentials to make such a judgement of course, tho' that would be my vote if I were a juror.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with Bill most strongly on this.

I am not anti-abortion but abortion is not what was being dealt with by the legal system in this case (as far as I could tell with a sinfully skimpy look at the OP).

A baby that has been born is a person in it's own right to my mind - is there a legal definition on this do you think? There surely must be.

Bringing a baby forth and then killing it is murder as far as I would judge it - not that I have any special credentials to make such a judgement of course, tho' that would be my vote if I were a juror.

Maybe I need to make my thoughts clear, I am not anti-abortion either.
I am very apprehensive about it, but I am not against it..... although I think I am closer to being a prolife person then an abortion advocate for sure. Regardless this is not an abortion conversation. This is a conversation about a mass murderer, manipulator, abuser, criminal scumbag with no respect for any human life or decency in any way shape or form. It would be like someone killing adults and claiming it was a really late term abortion...... once a human being is born and is viable there is absolutely no debate anymore, they are human, they are alive, and this is murder the worst imaginable.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This guy, killed newborns, as a matter of course. He had cats wandering through the "clinic" had a 15 year old administering IV drugs, reused surgical instruments until they broke, and wasn't investigated and shut down because the government didn't want to stir up the abortion debate.

First of all, I understand your point; the anti-abortion advocates are using this as a wedge issue to put their point across, and the article Big Don cited is definitely using some of that same sort of language they appear to dislike.

However, there appears to have been crimes committed here; serious ones.

If I am reading the news articles correctly, the doctor and some of his staff are accused not of performing abortions incorrectly, or of being unlicensed, etc, as such; they are accused of murder. In a least several cases, they are accused of having delivered living babies and then killing post-delivery.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/abortion-dr.-kermit-gosnell-arrested

Abortion is legal in most circumstances in the USA, but not all. Late-term abortions are generally prohibited; those being cases where the baby *could* survive if delivered, but the abortion procedure kills the fetus prior to delivery.

While many will argue the gray area that blurs the border of when a fetus becomes a person, and thus has legal rights (including the right to be alive), there is no argument that I am aware of in circumstances where the baby is delivered, alive, and is then put to death. That is not abortion, that is murder.

I would urge us all to use good behavior and decorum in this thread; it's a very emotional issue for many.

Yeah, early Monday morning, before the 2nd pot of coffee the cogs run a bit slow. Eventually I did get it.
Would have done the article a whole lot of good if they would have used a more neutral wording though, at least for the opening statement...

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

There is a federal prohibition on 'partial birth abortions' in the USA. This term, by the way, is itself controversial, because it is not a medical term, but one created by the Congresspersons who drafted the law. It refers to the practice of abortion of an already-dead (although in some cases, living) fetus from the womb by inducing dilation of the cervix, drawing the fetus through the cervix, and then causing the skull to collapse by inserting a tube and sucking out the brain of the fetus, so that the fetus can be removed vaginally. I'm sorry, there is no no-gross way to say that.

In the case of abortions of living fetuses, this procedure is most objectionable to many foes of abortion, and even to many who support other forms of abortion, especially when performed in the late terms of pregnancy.

However, although there is a lot of gray area surrounding people's beliefs about when a fetus becomes a person for the purposes of applying legal protection due any living person, I do believe there is no doubt at all; a baby born and breathing, removed from the mother entirely, is in no sense anything but a human being. Killing the child at that point can never be considered an abortion.

There are no clear lines in the abortion debate. Not everyone is all pro-life or all pro-choice with regard to whether or not abortions can ever be performed, and among those who have fewer qualms about some kinds of abortion, even those often have lines they find they do not wish to cross. The so-called 'partial birth' abortions of living fetuses is very much a hot-button topic.

I fear that this incident will become for many anti-abortion believers a lightning rod; I already see this being conflated with partial-birth abortions in various web blogs and quasi-news sources. The pro-choice people, of course, are horrified; this is the kind of thing that drives wedges into groups that would otherwise agree on the legitimacy of abortion. But as we have both agreed, this incident is not an abortion issue, per se.

I suspect that this will be not unlike the issue of the shooting in Arizona; the heinousness of the crime being used to drive agendas that are not truly related to the issue.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I was simply referring to remaining calm and respectful with each other in this thread on this topic. I share your outrage over this person; if the charges are true, I'd happily see him removed from the realm of the living toot sweet.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
No screw that calm bullcrap. This guy is a pile of crap serial killer and deserves to be removed from society as soon as possible.
Calm?

Have to agree with luckyboxer (did i just say that? Hehe) Thats not an abortion.

Theres cases where you might excuse someone from killing a baby after they are born or let them off with a lighter sentence than murder....and that is a mother who suffered from post birth depression or whatever its called.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
a baby born and breathing, removed from the mother entirely, is in no sense anything but a human being. Killing the child at that point can never be considered an abortion.

I dont know. When my children were being born it was obvious that a human head was coming out. If this guy stuck a pr of scissors in the baby before it was "entirely out" that would be OK?

The whole "when is it human" thing is a slippery slope IMO.