Now they are taxing my crap!!!

jetboatdeath

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So much for no new taxes, I don't know anyone who does not use toilet paper so EVERYONE is going to be taxed. How unreal is this "crap"

sec. 4171. Imposition of tax.
(B) water disposal product- there is hereby imposed on the sale of any water disposal product by the manufacturer, producer, or importer thereof a tax equal to 3 percent of the price for which so sold.

Sec. 4172. Definitions and special rule
(1) in general- the term ‘water disposal product’ means any of the following: Soaps and detergents, toiletries, toilet tissue, water softeners, and cooking oils.
(2) soaps and detergents- the term ‘soaps and detergents’ means--
(a) soaps and other detergents, such as laundry detergents and dishwashing detergents,
(B) toothpaste gels, and
© tooth powders,
as determined under regulations prescribed by the secretary.
(3) toiletries- the term ‘toiletries’ means toilet preparations such as perfumes, shaving preparations, hair preparations, face creams, lotions (including sunscreens), and other cosmetic preparations, as determined under regulations prescribed by the secretary.
(4) toilet tissue- the term ‘toilet tissue’ means toilet tissue, as determined under regulations prescribed by the secretary.
(5) water softeners- the term ‘water softeners’ means farm, household, commercial, and industrial water softeners, as determined under regulations prescribed by the secretary.
(6) cooking oils-
(a) in general- the term ‘cooking oils’ means corn oils, soy oils, and other vegetable oils, as determined under regulations prescribed by the secretary.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Fight it, it is obviously a discriminatory tax since women will be forced to shoulder and undue amount of the tax burden.

Is this a state or fed tax?

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Fight it, it is obviously a discriminatory tax since women will be forced to shoulder and undue amount of the tax burden.

Is this a state or fed tax?

Unfortunately that's not a valid basis to challenge a tax.

Some hold that sales tax is discriminatory vs the poor.

Income tax is definately discriminatory based on status and income.

The government is losing tax revenue left and right (no pun intended) because of the crappy economy that they created. However, it's not the elite that are suffering for their mistakes...it's the rest of us.

...so...what are we gonna do about it? Probably vote for the incumbant again in 2010. Brilliant!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(4) toilet tissue- the term ‘toilet tissue’ means toilet tissue. . . . . . . .

I do like officialspeak!

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
...so...what are we gonna do about it?

Well I for one will start voting with my left hand. Boycott toilet paper!!

:barf:

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
(4) toilet tissue- the term ‘toilet tissue’ means toilet tissue. . . . . . . .

I do like officialspeak!

Necessary in this case to distinguish it from the bill, I guess.

I guess in a pinch one could ask for a copy of the 2010 budget. That ought to last a lifetime. Single ply only, though.

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Allright! Let's roll the White House! Oh wait, it's gonna cost too much now. :vu:

JDenver

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Wait wait.

They want everyone to pay, like, an extra 9 cents on toilet paper so that the revenue can go to the protection and sanitation of waterways?

Wow. Most folks wouldn't even pick up 9 cents if you saw it on the ground but you'd fight putting it towards clean water?

OP
J

jetboatdeath

Blue Belt
Reaction score
How is this tax going to help clean water...
Come on man...
I live on a river my local waste water treatment plant seems to do a great job getting out all the toilet paper now...

And didn't Obama say no taxes on the middle class? I am middle class and I use allot of stuff on that list...

It is sick... they have just run out of stuff to tax...

I bet our new State approved under ware will have a carbon filter on it and we will be taxed for our methane output....

JDenver

Purple Belt
Reaction score
How is this tax going to help clean water...
Come on man...
I live on a river my local waste water treatment plant seems to do a great job getting out all the toilet paper now...

And didn't Obama say no taxes on the middle class? I am middle class and I use allot of stuff on that list...

It is sick... they have just run out of stuff to tax...

I bet our new State approved under ware will have a carbon filter on it and we will be taxed for our methane output....

So you're saying that they sit around all day and just imagine complicated ways of taxing things that they haven't taxed yet, not for any benefit at all, just so.....what......they can?

I'll stick with my original post.

OP
J

jetboatdeath

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So you're saying that they sit around all day and just imagine complicated ways of taxing things that they haven't taxed yet

DUH!!! how do you explain a tax on water softeners, how does something that conditions water polute it???
And cooking oil?? Who dumps cooking oil down the drain, it plugs them up. But thats not the point. They are taxing somr things 3 and 4 times...
I have a well and septic why should I be taxed on something that has no effect on the cleaning of water?

We need to stop, we are broke, our country is broke, and all the gvt is doing is forcing more and more out of us, WE DON'T HAVE IT.
I tell you what if .09 isn't a problem for you, every roll you use drop me .09 cents in the mail...

I'll stick with my original post.

Sure you will because you can not answer the question of how is this going to help clean water or how this is not a tax on the middle class...

Classic....

Last edited: