Note Taking 101

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My instructor teaches all the techniques just in a different order, I'd be willing to represent his school :D (but I'm just a rookie ya know)

:asian:

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am not at all up on the current state of Kenpo politics. "Kenpoland" as Mr. Parker Jr once referred to it.
But doesn't Mr. Speakman accomplish at Kenpocamp a lot of what you guys are proposing?

I mean Mr. LaBounty is with them now. 3 of the founders of the AKSC are represented by Mr. LaBounty, Mr. Planas and Mr. Sepulveda. And Mr. Speakman was an AKSC supporter as well.

Anyway, I hear good stuff about how many people go to kenpocamp and I hope to find a way to go this year, but aren't lots of different Kenpo schools and teachers and students getting there to study Kenpo? I am not a member of the AKKS but it seems that you guys might be going out of your way not to mention it or recognize it.:confused:

If I get to go, I'll post my own report here when I get back. If anyone is interested.

M

meni

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

I don't know about everybody else but.... I teach the entire Ed Parker System, I know there are others and that could be a start..... who in your camp wants to sit down and go over curriculums..?

:confused:

Thank you again

I need some time to work it out since I’m not a representative in any way (beside active member of the WKKA organization)

But I will let you know
My assumption is if we can get one or two of the "big shots" we might have a chance!

Meni

M

meni

Originally posted by cdhall
I am not a member of the AKKS but it seems that you guys might be going out of your way not to mention it or recognize it.:confused:

If I get to go, I'll post my own report here when I get back. If anyone is interested. [/B]

With all the respect,
It’s completely out of place the say this, we only mention the organization we are involved with, however we will welcome any help from any member/and organization!

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by cdhall I am not at all up on the current state of Kenpo politics I am not a member of the AKKS but it seems that you guys might be going out of your way not to mention it or recognize it

You should research more before you speak. There may be several very good reasons why they are not being mentioned.

You assume to much by association. A question to ask your instructor first before posting on boards. Why isn't he in the AKKS, (we both are well aware of it and who is involved)?

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by JD_Nelson

I am concerned about organizing them in a manner that is efficient, yet comprehensible. Does any one have some ideas or suggestions about keeping a good book?

I have a couple of thoughts on a thesis for this later on, but I would like some other ideas to think about as well.

~~~Salute~~~

Jeremy

While I'm behind on my notebook, I have a Filemaker Pro Database set up so that I can search on a technique by Belt level, Number on chart, attack, etc. All the notes are also in one field. I think the DB is cross-platform if you have Filemaker I could give you what I have on the Yellow Belt Chart.

I have a separate DB for Forms and Sets. And one other for something else.

I like the ideas posted about adding notes later and pulling notes off the web. I will incorporate these when I go into my DB again to update it.

It is not definitive of course. They are my notes, written in my own style. I try to number each simultaneous move as it's own count so that if you were to count off the Technique everything that happens on "1" would be listed as the list under "1." I think I have it standardized to indicate footwork first so that you can read each number 1, 2, 3 etc and see quickly what the stances and footwork are. I think I put them in bold.

My old paper notebook was very well organized and my instructor complemented me on it. I used to update it immediately after class. This was a key to its usefulness. I suggest that everyone keep a notebook and that they update it frequently for optimum effectiveness.:)

M

meni

You should research more before you speak. There may be several very good reasons why they are not being mentioned.

You assume to much by association. A question to ask your instructor first before posting on boards. Why isn't he in the AKKS, (we both are well aware of it and who is involved)?

well said.

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score

on the phone last night...... he should be ok now.... (may not be able to sit for a while but ok)
:rofl: :shrug:

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!

Call it just a moment of temporary internet insanity. Doug (cdhall) is a good guy and I know his comments just came across in the wrong way.

jb:asian:

S

Scott Bonner

Originally posted by nightingale8472

could someone email me off list at [email protected] and enlighten me about this AKKA business? I've never heard of it.

Yeah, me too! Or, barring that, tell me where I can get honest info, since it's apparently too un-nice to be discussed.

Peace,
Scott

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In the morning while showering I often times think about Kenpo and different ideas....... clear as a bell till I get out..... lol

Latest Discussions