Not Your Average Vending Machine

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Herbal Nutrition Center in LA will allow 24 hr access to medical marijuana. Apparently the DEA is interested in this.

LOS ANGELES - The city that popularized the fast food drive-thru has a new innovation: 24-hour medical marijuana vending machines.
Patients suffering from chronic pain, loss of appetite and other ailments that marijuana is said to alleviate can get their pot with a dose of convenience at the Herbal Nutrition Center, where a large machine will dole out the drug around the clock.
"Convenient access, lower prices, safety, anonymity," inventor and owner Vincent Mehdizadeh said, extolling the benefits of the machine.

Link to more of the article.

Thoughts?

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Give a dope fiend a truck and he'll find a way to cart that machine off.

He'll get around to it... maybe tomorrow. ;)

Me, I'm installing a vending machine right next to it and loading it with Twinkies, Ho-Hos, King Dons, Oreos...

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Me, I'm installing a vending machine right next to it and loading it with Twinkies, Ho-Hos, King Dons, Oreos...
Ah, quite the entrepreneur aren't you. I'm not the least bit surprised that the DEA is at least "interested" in it. Ain't that what we pay them to do?

I found this paragraph fairly funny...
A man who said he has been authorized to use medical marijuana as part of his anger management therapy said the vending machine's security measures would at least protect against illicit use of the drug

I'm just not seeing how smoking pot is gonna help the root problem for someone whose anger management problems have reached a stage where pot needs to be prescribed. How 'bout a little deep breathing and meditation? Hmmm?

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So what is to keep a drug dealer from hanging out 20 feet from the door and nailing anyone that walks out?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OH SURE!!!

They can put pot in a vending machine but they took the beer out of the vending machines in Japan... there IS no justice :uhyeah:

LuzRD

Black Belt
Reaction score
pot in vending machines?!?!?!
beer in vending machines??!?!

and yet i cant get a pack of smokes from a vending machine anymore!!

whiskey tango foxtrot zorz!!!!

i guess i dont really care, but if i start seeing beer or herb in vending machines and cigarettes are still a "no no" im gonna get real pissed real quick lol

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Brilliant! Gotta have something for the munchies man... absolutely brilliant!

Of course I was always partial to Chips Ahoy for some reason... :idunno:

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But, state laws may not supercede federal laws already in place.
And at the risk of hi-jacking the thread...that's a real problem for me. I've always identified myself as a conservative but deep down I'm very close to being a libertarian. I say this only half tongue in cheek when I say "Abolish the federal government and make each state a sovereign nation and part of a loose trade federation."

Not everything is gonna be a good fit for everywhere in a nation the size of the U.S. While some states are fine with legalized marijuana others simply will not tolerate it. That's why we have "red" and "blue" states, right? Different strokes for different folks.

Latest Discussions