Northeast Blackout Party!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I blame 'Al Kyda'. Where was our Homeland Sucurity? They need to stop checking out Aunt Frida's dirty Ka-Nickers at the areoport and start doing their duty. That being, running on those little wheels under Niagara Falls so we can have our Conditioned Air, and Processed Water. Yes.

(ok, so I'm a little baked as I spent the day in the hot sun at the country fair today.) :)

I still blame Al.... or Bill. Its one of their faults. :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now on Amishtalk.com:

Buggys and you

How to get more milk from besie.

Avoiding the evils of technology.

How to tell if your child has been possesed by a 'pokemon'.

Why there are no other colors but black.

:D

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ender
isn't this the Amish chat room???

Heh.

Kaith, we get Amish stories here all the time--crash with a buggy caused a death just last week (no joke).

Who else is posting without power? :D

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was on a phone conference wiht four differnet cites at once and they all lost power :D Including my office.

I knew it was bad.

GM Has canceled work for tomorrow. As the power companies have informed us, and I already knew, it takes about 24 hours to get the generators back online after an emergency crash like this. So about 4:00 PM tomorrow those with out power in the SE MI should have power. Unless there are other problems caused by the crash.

:asian:

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So long as you Easterners stay casual and don't start with the looting n rioting during your blackout it's all good... :p

Hey, why not just get together with friends, order a kegger and have a blackout party!! :cheers: :drinkbeer :drink2tha

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Now on Amishtalk.com:

Buggys and you

How to get more milk from besie.

Avoiding the evils of technology.

How to tell if your child has been possesed by a 'pokemon'.

Why there are no other colors but black.

:D

LOL!!! :roflmao:
Especially the last one! Just like Henry Ford said when making the first assembly line automobile...you can order any color you would like, as long as it is black. :D

K

KenpoGirl

I don't know what you Americans did, but thanks for sharing your black out with us Canadian's eh!!!!

Power finally came on at 2:30 this morning for me, but much of Ontario is still out.

Okay Come On, Which of you Forgot to pay your Hydro Bill!!!! :shrug:

I

IsshinryuKarateGirl

Ah, in the part of NY I'm at, the power came back on around 9 or 10. It was funny because the power went out about 5 minutes before I got to the karate school for class. We did have class in the dark, it was pretty cool. We didn't do anything too strenuous, only went over termonology for about 45 minutes.

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by IsshinryuKarateGirl
Ah, in the part of NY I'm at, the power came back on around 9 or 10. It was funny because the power went out about 5 minutes before I got to the karate school for class. We did have class in the dark, it was pretty cool. We didn't do anything too strenuous, only went over termonology for about 45 minutes.

That would have been an opportun time for "sparring when too dark to see; or sparring while blinded" type of training. :D

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jeffkyle
That would have been an opportun time for "sparring when too dark to see; or sparring while blinded" type of training.

Yeah, but if there had been an accident it would have been a good time for first aid in the dark training!

It sounds like things are improving. Lots of places are without water too--who is posting without having showered? :idunno:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
who is posting without having showered? :idunno:

Heh...everyone who is a regular at sci-fi cons? :)

Oh wait, you meant due to the blackout....

:rofl:

I

IsshinryuKarateGirl

Haha...good one Kaith! We didn't do sparring because we have a dojo where there are not only walls to crash into, but there are also metal support poles for the ceiling. So, I don't think it would be a good thing to be sparring.... I know for certain that if I were to be hit in the dark, I'd look like this...:soapbox:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just had a thought...

Wouldnt a blackout be a perfect training op for folks studying ninjitsu and systema?

Its funny, but...think about it.... :)

I

IsshinryuKarateGirl

Actually, before the start of class, my best friend and I were saying that our other friend who really wants to train in a Ninjitsu school would love this atmosphere for training.

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
I just had a thought...

Wouldnt a blackout be a perfect training op for folks studying ninjitsu and systema?

Its funny, but...think about it.... :)

We sparred under a strobe light....weirrrrd..*L