Noise Experiment

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Now this is just SAD... watch the video and realize the truth behind it. Sheesh!

[yt]BW30WslahMc&[/yt]

Very poignant ad indeed.

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
That is both sad and hilarious, this requires a new word ...sailarious!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flammad: Just what do you find Funny about this???????????:barf: Now I Know , I know, I shouldn't engage in ANY dialouge with you, But I'm calling you on This!!!!. Just What do you find hillarious ( ohh look, direct quote, hilareous is YOUR word) about women being abused /murdered by their partners??? I'm dying to hear you attempt to explain this on a Public forum :banghead:.

Mods, do what you must but I'm NOT letting this level of disrespect or hatemongering go unchallenged. I've seen the results.

Lori

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hate mongering? I think it's funny that the people hid in their holes when there was a real problem. And Yes, highlighting one word from the post where I also called it sad doesn't make you look like your looking for a reason to pick a fight.

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
And it's hilarious why, needs a new word, Why?????? Obfusication is NOT going to work! Lets hear it!
I AM picking a fight with YOU ( I think my note to the mods pretty acknowleges this) as no one else used the word "hilareous"! or advanced that idea!

Lori

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hate mongering? I think it's funny that the people hid in their holes when there was a real problem. And Yes, highlighting one word from the post where I also called it sad doesn't make you look like your looking for a reason to pick a fight.
I caught Omar's point very quickly and noted the heavy dripping sarcasm he intended on the word hilarious. It's a sad type of hilarity; thus his new word sailarious... people ***** and moan about a guy drumming but not bothering when it sounds like someone being murdered.
The social experiment was intended for that as well... to show how funny/odd/strange that people elect NOT to even investigate a domestic abuse. Nor even bother to call the police.

Sarcastically speaking... it's hilarious.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Attention all users:

Please keep the conversation polite and respectful. It IS possible to take exception to someone's choice of words without attacking them directly.

jks9199
Supermoderator

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Based on the background that I have studying acoustics scientifically at the collegiate level...this is not a fair comparison.

For one...sound is not "just" sound. Remember the hapless mayor in Ohio who proposed moving deaf people to neighborhoods near the airport? The folks that are hard of hearing reminded everyone that they can still FEEL sound even if they can't HEAR sound.

Feeling sound is important here: the compression waves provided by drum kits (or at a greater extreme, gunshots) are a significant force....way more powerful than a force that can be generated by the human voice, or tossing ordinary household objects around. People will hear and feel the drum kit more, and for greater distances. The drum kit looked as if it were miked...which would enhance the effect even more.

People will hear and feel the drum kit more, and for greater distances than they would an ordinary television (By ordinary television, I mean a television with the stock 10 or so watt speakers....and not the 2000 watt home theater surround sound.) In addition, everyone recognized the drum kit as a sound that shouldn't be there.

That looked like a decent middle class complex...one where televisions would be commonplace. That did not sound like a sound that shouldn't be there. That could have been an audio clip from CSI Miami, Netflix, a TV commercial for an upcoming movie, the 11pm news, something from youtube or facebook.

I listened to the clip 3 times. I did not hear anything that said "MURDER" instead of "MEDIA." :idunno:

Latest Discussions