No TKD for two weeks

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been out of dojang for two weeks, my job has not allow me to go, very bussie at the moment and this time was also taken for meditation and reflection. I can not change things at dojang I am not the owner just an instructor there and the boss wants to do the things her way, so I have to adjust and take what it is and forget the rest.

Something I really like about the dojang is that I am recognized as a good sabonim by the children and their parents and these keeps me going, evritime I teach the children or the teens it's refreshing to me, I have my ways to keep the children focus and they simply love me.

I really like the dojang and the great family I have there, I don't agree in everithing with the new boss but well I have to adjust as I wrote before because there is no money and time right now to open my own dojang.

Manny

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's never fun when life gets in the way of training. Hopefully, you'll be back soon.

Metal

Green Belt
Reaction score
Life/work gets in the way of training for me all the time. Sometimes I'm not able to train for weeks which is terrible.

I'm working as tourmanager/guitar tech and sometimes as a driver for touring bands so on the majority of tours I have to work every evening for a couple of weeks, so my only chance to train is on the very few off days (if there are any and if I can find a place to train at) or train for myself in the morning if there is enough time, if we arrive early and if there is already access to the venue and most important: if there is access to showers.

Nevertheless TKD is still the perfect way to find balance in such a work environment.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Life has many turns, Manny. Stay focused and on tract as best as you can and things will get better.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the crooked path teaches us more than the straight one. Hang in there!

Latest Discussions