Ninjutsu Everywhere!!!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another comparison might be putting a Porche nameplate on a Yugo...

As I said -- the policy here isn't to set MT up as some sort of ultimate authority on what constitutes valid ninjutsu/ninpo training. We don't validate or verify arts or people under most circumstances, whatever the art in question may be. But we also have found that if we don't have some sort of guidelines, we end up with the SWAT-wannabe or 3 months kung fu/3 months TKD/"read every Ashida Kim and ninja manga" type stuff that just ends up with locked threads and chaos...

OP
K

Kumori Ryu Ninja

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Another comparison might be putting a Porche nameplate on a Yugo...

As I said -- the policy here isn't to set MT up as some sort of ultimate authority on what constitutes valid ninjutsu/ninpo training. We don't validate or verify arts or people under most circumstances, whatever the art in question may be. But we also have found that if we don't have some sort of guidelines, we end up with the SWAT-wannabe or 3 months kung fu/3 months TKD/"read every Ashida Kim and ninja manga" type stuff that just ends up with locked threads and chaos...

My question was simply to find some info on schools, Im not looking for an authority in ninjutsu...

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi Kumori

Best bet to find what you are looking for is youtube.
Choson ninja,Red Spider ninja,Mountainous and more.
You can send them a PM

You can search Bullshido as well and ask your questions there.

Most forums such as this one Martial Planet,E-Budo, and so on will have members asking you questions and especially with you creating a new Ryuha and the first thing I see on a goggle search of Kumori and ninja is Naruto anime.

Muawijhe

Green Belt
Reaction score
My question was simply to find some info on schools, Im not looking for an authority in ninjutsu...

Well, therein lies a fine line. Unless the school is of the kans, or a legitimate off-shoot (such as your To-Shin Do), then it simply is not ninjutsu. They may use the word ninjutsu, dress the part, throw in some terminology and techniques from Budo Taijutsu, but at the end of the day it is not ninjutsu. From my understanding, though ninjutsu is a very broad term, covering lots of different areas of study, it is not a generic term, and is very specific in its lineage.

If, however, you're interested in the more ugh...fraudulant (can I say that under the TOS?) schools, I'm sure you can find a lot about Ashida Kim and his BDFS (or is it BDNS now?) scattered about the US.

But, let me go back. Do you want a listing of all schools, legit or otherwise, in the US that teach (or claim to teach) ninjutsu? If so, I could try to list the ones I know of in my area of the US, but that's about as much as I can do for you.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ok now you're just being mean :)
Why not send him to budoseek as well? Don Roley will have a field day.

I thought Mr.Roley was on MAP.

Bullshido has some great finds on independent people they have I think a 175 page thread on the mountain ninja on Youtube.

I think if he lurks and searches on there he can find more what he is looking for.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dang, guys. No one made any kind of attempt at making the 1st poster remotely welcome.
Go back and read this thread with fresh eyes.
If I were that guy, I would never visit MT again.

AoG

Muawijhe

Green Belt
Reaction score
Im trying to find as many small orginzations in ninjutsu to exammine and gather as much info as possible, Im looking for little dojos and small groups. Not the Kans...

Any suggestions???

Hello, Kumori Ryu Ninja, and welcome to Martial Talk!

Please free welcome to share with us information on your training history.

What information is it you're looking to gather and examine from small organizations? Locations? Training fees/methodologies? Reasons why they decided to split from the major organizations and go their own path?

The more information we have as to what you are looking for the better we can help you.

And again, welcome to Martial Talk!

-Muawijhe

OP
K

Kumori Ryu Ninja

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello, Kumori Ryu Ninja, and welcome to Martial Talk!
What information is it you're looking to gather and examine from small organizations? Locations? Training fees/methodologies? Reasons why they decided to split from the major organizations and go their own path?

Mostly to verify the entire aspect of ninjutsu... I love Bujinkan don't get me wrong, But as I Examined To-Shin-Do it seemed more welcoming and the curriculum was great! Ive had run ins with Kan folks like everyone does..

To be honest.. Im not here to let every one tear apart my school or my teachers... I was here to learn and express a love of an art..

Im not interested in sharing with you now.. Why would I now that all have mocked and carelessly make underlining comments and so fourth..

Thank you...

Muawijhe

Green Belt
Reaction score
Mostly to verify the entire aspect of ninjutsu... I love Bujinkan don't get me wrong, But as I Examined To-Shin-Do it seemed more welcoming and the curriculum was great! Ive had run ins with Kan folks like everyone does..

That's great. It is good to find what works for you, so long as it is legitimate. But remember that people are people, wether they are in the Bujinkan, the other kans, a student of To-Shin Do, or any other martial art. Don't judge an organization by a few bad eggs if you can help it.

To be honest.. Im not here to let every one tear apart my school or my teachers... I was here to learn and express a love of an art..

I wouldn't think one would come here to have their school or teachers torn apart. And though you recieved a less warm welcome than you had wanted, perhaps your entrance techniques were a bit off too. A first post of an introduction, just stating a little about yourself and "I am here to learn and express a love for an art" would have been a better start. But hey, I didn't do that either. Was rocky for a while. =)

Im not interested in sharing with you now.. Why would I now that all have mocked and carelessly make underlining comments and so fourth..

No skin off my back. I can't say that I have mocked you, nor have some others, but if you wish lump us all into a group for the percieved actions of a few, then that is your loss, not mine. As to the second part of the above quote the answer is simple: perseverance

Thank you...

You're welcome.

Mac1964

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial talk KRN!
If it seems or feels like it's kinda intense here...it is.That being said if you feel this a rough intro to forums then fasten your seat belt! lol Most other forum's are like feeding time at the understaffed under-budget zoo. It's true that people here often answer question's with question's but there are reasons for that. I am new to the whole forum thing also but now after a month plus of mostly reading and listening it's not hard to see why.Mostly, it has to do with the large amount of poster's coming on the Ninjutsu threads and doing nothing but playing games,roleplaying,fantasizing about the Ninjer way of lifeand in general making an *** of themselves.I'm not saying you are like that or that you have done anything wrong.You haven't as far as I can see.It's just that certain question's raise flags in people's mind here like they do anywhere else.Most of the people here and on other forum's who have spent years! 15-20-25yrs.In other words a life-time.Often seem reluctant to start giving out info on people or Orgs. that they know or know of if they don't really know why the person wants to know?Make sense?
Anyway welcome aboard and don't let the ocassional snip get ya down.There are alot of people on this and other boards who have a wealth of knowledge about this subject/martial art.
Peace!
Steve M

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
HAHAHA... Why did i ask this WHY!!!!
Outside of the kan's, few are legit.

Kim, Lung, Tew, Bussey, Dux, Chosen, and more are all pretty much confirmed frauds. There's more to ninjutsu than wearing black pajama's, running around in the dark, and calling yourself a ninja.

To be legit, you must have verifiable training in verifiable legitimate Japanese ninjustu. Hard to do. Few can do it.

One clown here thought it was MMA. Another claimed the same art as the Ninja Turtles. Another runs training camps based on stuff he learned watching Power Rangers. And so on.

Legit schools, aren't as common as TKD or karate. ******** ones though, are everywhere.

ronin7411

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I can't vouch for the Iga ryu so you'll have to talk to someone that deals with them because the only school I know that claim's Iga ryu lineage is just the Bujinkan. I cant think of any other schools that claim lineage to the Iga Ryu but I can give you a site that provides a general list of what schools claim lineage to the Koga Ryu and a brief history about that school. (I didn't know that the Genbukan had Koga Ryu lineage in it too you learn something new everyday) You can copy and paste their names to find out more about them for your project good luck and hope everything turns out good.

http://www.traditional-dojo.com/History_Koga-ryu.html

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
(I didn't know that the Genbukan had Koga Ryu lineage in it too

Genbukan doesn't.
http://www.genbukan.org/cgi-bin/site.pl?ryu_soke
None of the systems in which Tanemura sensei is grandmaster or has ever trained is related to Koga ryu.

(you learn something new everyday

So you find something unsubstantiated on a website not affiliated with Genbukan, making claims that are at odds with the actual Genbukan content, you did not bother to verify those claims, and you call that 'learning'?

ronin7411

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Um, Bruno this is a Genbukan school saying this and here is the link:

http://www.ninpobugei.com/soke_tanemura_1.html

Nowadays he is still a much respected Grandmaster all over the world who teaches both Iga Ryu and Koga Ryu Ninpo, who has more then 50 years experience in martial arts (over 23 Ryu-Ha) and who is still studying and learning new styles.

This was also discussed on Martial Arts Planet too and Tanemura also admitted to it a couple times that he has training in the Koga Ryu it was also verified on Martial Talk too

http://martialartsplanet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58217

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56974&page=2

Latest Discussions