Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Next 'Jackass' pic aimed squarely at Web

The Hollywood Reporter
By Andrew Wallenstein
Dec 13, 2007
Excerpt:

"Jackass Number Two"

The "Jackass" gang is about to attempt its most audacious stunt yet: online-first movie distribution.

In a radical departure from the traditional movie business model, Paramount Pictures Digital Entertainment and MTV New Media are co-producing "Jackass 2.5," a sequel to its two-time boxoffice hit that will skip multiplexes entirely.

Instead, "2.5" will be offered online for free over a two-week span beginning Dec. 19 courtesy of Blockbuster and its new online property Movielink

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A brilliant idea! See it free for the first two weeks, after that pay for it. This will be the first time in years I've seen a movie in its first two weeks of release.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK. I watched it.
There was some good stuff there, but, really, not enough for a theatrical release...but, for free, totally worth the money I spent.
The bit with WeeMan in the rodeo ring being just OWNED by little 90 pound calves was hilarious.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wait....they're doing jacckas stunts online?

Like what? Using Internet Explorer on a PC with no anti virus, no firewall and no spyware protection, and then clicking on spam emails in Micro$oft Outhouse?

Dunno if that would sell....thats a "day in the life of an IT guy".

or are the going to do lawnmover jousting and video the resulting hillarious hijinks?

Latest Discussions