New to the forums

Phil208

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm a combatives novice with virtually no experience (save what a few Military/LE buddies have managed to teach me) who is seriously looking into adopting a martial art. I hope to gain some insight from these boards in regards to different styles, and perhaps contribute as well once I have some experience of my own.

Thanks to all of you for putting together this excellent resource.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome! There are a few of us around with varying levels of Combatives experience as well

OP
P

Phil208

White Belt
Reaction score
Good to hear, I'm planning to join the US Army after I earn my Bachelor's. The 18X MOS especially looks good, I plan on serving 5+ years regardless, and the few SF soldiers I've talked to have made an excellent impression.

OP
P

Phil208

White Belt
Reaction score
What's your degree in? Are you planning to enlist or go through OCS?

I'm a criminology major, with a minor in psychology, and I plan to enlist. I've been planning to do this for quite some time, and I figure college will give me a chance to grow up a bit more while simultaneously earning my degree.

By the way, thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

Kbrookfi

White Belt
Reaction score
I am new to this forum. I found it looking for Taoist Tai Chi classes in Taipei. I am visiting Taiwan for a year. Before I came I took the first session of Tai Chi and learned the 108 movements. But I need to keep it up. I am from Canada and a member to Taoist Tai Chi Association that follows the Master Moy Lin-shin.

My Google search showed somebody posted a message about Tai Chi Classes in Taipei.

Nice to meet you all

Kate

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am new to this forum. I found it looking for Taoist Tai Chi classes in Taipei. I am visiting Taiwan for a year. Before I came I took the first session of Tai Chi and learned the 108 movements. But I need to keep it up. I am from Canada and a member to Taoist Tai Chi Association that follows the Master Moy Lin-shin.

My Google search showed somebody posted a message about Tai Chi Classes in Taipei.

Nice to meet you all

Kate

Hello Kate

Welcome to the board. I hope that you will post up about this plan in one of the forums about the Chinese Martial Arts and ask the Tai-Chi-Chaun people here what they think of this school. Please consider the combat effectiveness of whatever tai-chi-chaun that you try to learn. I say this because I practiced for a bit with The Taoist Tai Chi people in my city. Although I have nothing bad to say about them, they were all very nice people, and the exercise was effective for therapy of my knee, they did NOT teach us any combative application.

All the best to you, and hope to see you on the board.

Regards,

Robert