new to site

kenpo2kungfu

White Belt
Reaction score
i was browsing the internet trying to find a form i wanted to learn that i was never taught the school i was in decided to change systems and came across this site...thought i'd say hi... i spent 2 1/2 yrs learning shaolin kempo and now i'm learning shaolin kungfu-chow la foot style...needless to say i'm having a few problems adapting to the footing cus of where i was taught before to move via ball of my feet to now doing everything by the heels of my feet.
anyway, thought i'd make myself known......

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
First of all, hello and welcome to MartialTalk ...

Secondly, I am somewhat going through a very similar thing as you, integrating Black Tiger Claw Kung Fu into my SKK. In my learnings and teachings, there is a time for a 'kempo' type manuver and a 'kung fu' like move. At times, both can have very different outcomes. Keep your mind open, things will become clearer with time.

Zeno

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm sure you'll do fine making the transfer. You're very fortunate to be learning what you're learning. Around my area, for the longest time, we had nothing really like that.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! :)

I have a similar story to you and 14 Kempo. Cut my teeth on SK, but late in the training began to cross train in a Kung Fu style. Long story short, after about five years in each, and facing a class-ending injury, ended up 'taking the best, leaving the rest' from both, and it's working out well.

NW_Tengu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello from a fellow newbie. Nothing like trying to unlearn things you just spent 2 1/2 years ingraining. All I can say is Keep Going!

OP
K

kenpo2kungfu

White Belt
Reaction score
thank you to all of you that welcomed me to this site.
as i had mentioned in my previous post i was looking for a form that i was to be taught, but when the school i was in changed systems, they no longer would teach any of the forms from the previous system. is there a site i can go to and look up the form i wanted to learn so i can teach myself how to do it? the form i am looking for is Tiger Dragon Crane.....any help in this subject would be greatly appreciated.....