New to Raleigh, who wants to practice.

Colin Barker

White Belt
Reaction score
I recently moved to Raleigh with my family for a new job. I came across this site and thought i'd give it a try. I don't know anyone outside of work yet, martial arts has always been a bridge in the past so thought i'd try again. I have spent a fair amount of time practicing and learning primarily traditional Chinese martial arts. Northern Shaolin, Yang family style tai chi, and Gao style of Cheng school bagua zhang are the heart of my studies. I haven't been out to any of the schools around here other than with a google search. I don't foresee myself joining any as being a paramedic with a family, well it's not in the budget. I haven't seen any schools advertising Gao style bagua, Sun bin, or Tong Bei styles so maybe that's my niche? I enjoy application in my martial arts very much, as this is how they were shared with me. I also believe one should work hard and train hard when they practice. So if anyone is interested in learning some of the above styles please let me know. Thanks for the add to the group, and look forward to meeting some new friends.

Colin B.

OP
C

Colin Barker

White Belt
Reaction score
Had searched one of the groups, they even mentioned doing Gao Bagua. I haven't had the time to get out there, it was close to Durham I believe. This one sounds interesting, and my four day break starts then so will look into it. Thanks
Colin