99.9% sure I'm taking up Kung fu.

Master_Beard

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just getting back into MA after a 9 year hiatus due to spinal injuries and looking forward to learning a new style Wing Chun! My back ground is Boxing and Brazilian Jujitsu which I don't think would be wise to train on a regular due to the high impact to head and lower back. I wish everyone the best of luck in their Martial arts training and growth......... Be like water :)

Drose427

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Congrats! Just relax, stretch and warm up well, be patient, and dont push harder or faster than your body will let you. Im not a Kung fu or Wing Chun guy, but in my branch school we have a gentleman in his mid forties with a rod in his back. When he started he could barely kick and stay light. But now, 2 years later, he's kicking almost at my head (I'm 5' 7", he's about 5' 10")

Be patient, dont force it, and your body will get accustomed to it over time

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just getting back into MA after a 9 year hiatus due to spinal injuries and looking forward to learning a new style Wing Chun! My back ground is Boxing and Brazilian Jujitsu which I don't think would be wise to train on a regular due to the high impact to head and lower back. I wish everyone the best of luck in their Martial arts training and growth......... Be like water :)

Good luck with it :)