New to Hapkido

Nothing

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am currently a Green Belt in Chang Woo Hapkido. I took Kenpo (Orange Belt) but did not care for it and switched to Hapkido. I have really enjoyed it so far.

I do private lessons once a week. This works out really good for me as I was sick of showing up to Kenpo class and getting 5-10 minutes of the instructors time.

Being completely new to Hapkido - can you all point me to some "getting started" pages on the art? I would really like to know more history and such about Hapkido.

Thanks for everything -

Nothing

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am currently a Green Belt in Chang Woo Hapkido. I took Kenpo (Orange Belt) but did not care for it and switched to Hapkido. I have really enjoyed it so far.

I do private lessons once a week. This works out really good for me as I was sick of showing up to Kenpo class and getting 5-10 minutes of the instructors time.

Being completely new to Hapkido - can you all point me to some "getting started" pages on the art? I would really like to know more history and such about Hapkido.

Thanks for everything -

Nothing

Use the SEARCH option and type in Hapkido...

hapkidonet

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I recommend that you buy the book "Hapkido" by Marc Tedeschi. No, I don't get any commission, lol. I just think it's a great book, incredibly comprehensive.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mark's book is quite good. I enjoy the fact that he used "Interviews" with the source instead of doing it himself. Also, He-Young Kimm's Hapkido bible is good. Get either I or II. Not both, their isn't enough of a difference beyond a little editing here and there to be worth a hundred dollar purchase.

Wey

Green Belt
Reaction score
I recommend that you buy the book "Hapkido" by Marc Tedeschi. No, I don't get any commission, lol. I just think it's a great book, incredibly comprehensive.

This book is definitely worth the money, I strongly suggest purchasing it.

OP
N

Nothing

White Belt
Reaction score
All,
Thanks for the input!

As to Marc's book - there are at least two books on Hapkido that he has written. Would this be the one?

"Hapkido: Traditions, Philosophy, Technique"

It is like 1300 pages - so I am guessing this is the one. The other is about 200 pages - according to Amazon.

Just want to make sure before I order it as it is $57

Warm Regards,
Nothing