New to Forum

Zenjael

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hello, Im new to the forum. I have enjoyed it greatly so far, though I fear I might risk the appearance of trolling. I'm on spring break currently and have a lot of time to kill at night. I currently attend GMU, and have practiced a number of styles in the 19 years I have practiced. I enjoy learning the art for its own sake. I have done is since a week after I turned 4, and am currently 22 now.

I am not religious, but if I had a spirituality, I would say it is martial arts. I am not a fanatic, or obsessed. I treat it with the same respect I believe a person would their own personal beliefs, and I try to respect others.

I am judgemental, because I feel time wasted is time lost when something conducive could have been done. I hope to have many good conversations with the people of this forum, who have proven very sharp witted in my own opine. I hope my writing skills in relation to the forum improves over time, so bear with me if how I type seems a bit off.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Im new to the forum. I have enjoyed it greatly so far, though I fear I might risk the appearance of trolling. I'm on spring break currently and have a lot of time to kill at night. I currently attend GMU, and have practiced a number of styles in the 19 years I have practiced. I enjoy learning the art for its own sake. I have done is since a week after I turned 4, and am currently 22 now.

I am not religious, but if I had a spirituality, I would say it is martial arts. I am not a fanatic, or obsessed. I treat it with the same respect I believe a person would their own personal beliefs, and I try to respect others.

I am judgemental, because I feel time wasted is time lost when something conducive could have been done. I hope to have many good conversations with the people of this forum, who have proven very sharp witted in my own opine. I hope my writing skills in relation to the forum improves over time, so bear with me if how I type seems a bit off.

I think you should just try to speak a bit more simply.
A bit more direct maybe .
Your only 22 but you speak like somebody that's from 1882.

Sorry mate I'm an Aussie we are pretty direct , a bit too direct sometimes.
We are so lazy with words that we abbreviate them even when they've already been abbreviated.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the site. You seem to have great enthusiasm for the arts. I think you will like it here.................. :)

OP
Z

Zenjael

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So far I have. Though there are differences of opinion, I have met a number of people already who I greatly enjoy reading. The other person who liked this post is one.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So far I have. Though there are differences of opinion, I have met a number of people already who I greatly enjoy reading. The other person who liked this post is one.

If you mean Bill M, he spars like he types and talks. Straight forward and in your face, he does have a soft side but he hides it well. Above all don't pis_ him off, just saying................. :asian:

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you mean Bill M, he spars like he types and talks. Straight forward and in your face, he does have a soft side but he hides it well. Above all don't pis_ him off, just saying................. :asian:

Soft side? I keell you! I keed, I keed... :)

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Curious, in your profile you mention kendo and kenjitsu. What kenjitsu school did you practice? The JSA community tends to be quite small, I may know your sensei.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Curious, in your profile you mention kendo and kenjitsu. What kenjitsu school did you practice? The JSA community tends to be quite small, I may know your sensei.
Hang on to that thought, I'll see if I can find him.............

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey while you are at it, could you look up Troy DeHart? He's my uncle. Been trying to find him for a while.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

http://binf.gmu.edu/dseto/

Don Seto

http://www.google.com/search?q=Don+...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I was with NOVA Budokai before it was handed off and became what it was today, when it still utilized the cherrydale fire department and GMU campus.
You need to learn how to tag your posts properly............

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Zenjael

Welcome to MT.
A bit of advice: there are a lot of people here on MT thathave been at MA longer than you have been on the planet and a few that have hadthe misfortune to be deep into the reality of it....so...just relax...take iteasy... and you will do fine....

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score

http://binf.gmu.edu/dseto/

Don Seto

http://www.google.com/search?q=Don+...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I was with NOVA Budokai before it was handed off and became what it was today, when it still utilized the cherrydale fire department and GMU campus.

Let's try this again.

Ken asked what Kenjutsu school (ryu) did you practice, and who with, not about your Kendo. And I have to say, I'm pretty curious myself.

So, which Kenjutsu Ryu did you study, and with who? For how long?

Latest Discussions