Episode 7 - EwokTales.
Episode 8 - Jar Jar and Mickey's Jedi Adventure
Episode 9 - Goofy Strikes Out.

:D

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Did Lucas lose the rights to further mucking with the classics?

I am hard pressed to see how they could a poorer job than they did with I, II, and III, so I am looking forward to more adventures in the SW universe.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I support Disney no matter what so I'm all for it. I am sad to hear that they won't be doing the Thrawn Trilogy that follows the last movie. It'll be an orignal story biut lets hope they at least don't throw away almost 30 years of novel timeline.

OP
punisher73

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I support Disney no matter what so I'm all for it. I am sad to hear that they won't be doing the Thrawn Trilogy that follows the last movie. It'll be an orignal story biut lets hope they at least don't throw away almost 30 years of novel timeline.

I was wondering if they would do the Thrawn trilogy. It would have been a good story.

Another story I would love to see them do is the Darth Bane trilogy about the "rule of two" etc. from the books.

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the Darth Bane books. The Expanded Universe has a lot of great stories they can use for movie ideas.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I read somewhere - back before there was an internet - that Lucas originally invisioned Star Wars as a nine-part serial. I have nmo qualms about another trilogy. Just don't ***-rape the franchise solely for profit.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere - back before there was an internet - that Lucas originally invisioned Star Wars as a nine-part serial. I have nmo qualms about another trilogy. Just don't ***-rape the franchise solely for profit.

I recall that, as well. The "original" trilogy was the middle, and I recall that one of the things really meant to tie it together was the droids. What I recall is that they were, in fact, meant to be the only characters to really run through all the films...

Of late, it seems that Lucas has claimed only the 6 that were filmed -- but with his passion for revisionism, I don't give full credence to anything he says today about yesterday...

Haakon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am not optimistic about this trilogy.

I am. I'm far more optimistic now that Lucas is not in control. If Disney can do Star Wars as well as The Avengers it will make for some good to great movies.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I read something that said that, like with Marvel and the Avengers, they may spin-off single-character movies. Also, they said the next trilogy will be wholly new material--not from Star Wars books.

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Lucas said in an interview the other day that he handed over the story treatments for 7-9 as part of the deal.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lucas kind of already did that with his stupid midichlorians, and Naboo, if you remember, in the novels he allowed to be written, and was well paid for, Luke and Leia's mother wasn't who she was in Episodes 1,2,&3.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I read something that said that, like with Marvel and the Avengers, they may spin-off single-character movies. Also, they said the next trilogy will be wholly new material--not from Star Wars books.

So, Lucas rented out his name, and the Star Wars universe, and many authors put in thousands of hours writing hundreds of books that were canon, and are now, what? Nothing? Jar Jar's dreams?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
So, Lucas rented out his name, and the Star Wars universe, and many authors put in thousands of hours writing hundreds of books that were canon, and are now, what? Nothing? Jar Jar's dreams?

Happens all the time in shared universes. Want control of continuity and management of the franchises, you have to own the rights, so those writers could have made their own universes to write in. Of course that generally doesn't pay as well...

Latest Discussions