new MA comic book series

grimfang

Green Belt
Reaction score
hmm.. where to put this one... entertainment? Library? locker room?... bah.. general is close enough..

DC comics is launching a new monthly comic book series called Richard Dragon.
The company plans to promote the series pretty heavily, and is promising to spend a lot of time focusing on the spiritual/philisophical aspects of the martial arts (as they relate to the main characters in the story.)
This will be one of the first significant attempts at an ongoing martial arts related comic book since the old Powerman & Ironfist series and the Kung-Fu series of the late 70's-early 80's (both of which were printed by Marvel.)
you can check out the cover art and first couple pages of Richard Dragon #1 here:
http://www.dccomics.com/comics/dc_display.html?cm_dc_itemCode=rdragon1&month=May

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those where my favorites also but i'll see what this new one looks like.
They where cheaper to buy also

S

ShaolinWolf

yeah, Iron Fist rocked...did you see the latest Iron Fist Comic Series that just came out? I'm getting my issue tomorrow. Also, Ray Park, the guy who played Darth Maul in Star Wars, and Toad in X-men is going to play Danny Rand, Iron Fist, in a the Iron Fist movie that is slated to come out sometime over the next few years...

Anyways, Have any of you read Crossgen's WAY OF THE RAT? It's pretty awesome. They have nice art...NICE...and the weapons and such are what they used to use in Ancient China. It's a story back in Ancient China. I haven't read naught the first issue and it was pretty good. Crossgen has some other MA comic, but I haven't looked into it yet. WAY OF THE RAT is awesome, and I think its on its like 20th issue or something...I'm getting it in Graphic Novel form...don't have enough time to get it in single issue form...be worth more eventually, but don't have enough time to grab each ish I want...

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Random MA comic news:
Way of the Rat has been cancelled. Sorry, I liked it too.
Richard Dragon was first published by DC back in the late '70s under the title "Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Fighter", and introduced the charaters of the Bronze Tiger (Suicide Squad) and Lady Shiva (lately in Birds of Prey [comic] -think Black Canary, Cheshire, and chick fights).
The new Iron Fist series is being written by Jim Mullaney, who (I believe) ghost-wrote the Destroyer paperback series a while back (when it was good). I hope they do something with this character. Iron Fist reminds me of Mister Miracle - a good charater which keeps coming back, but the company has no idea how to treat it.

S

ShaolinWolf

Yeah? Darn...I don't keep up on Crossgen anyways...I only keep up on Marvel, Viz, and a few other random comic companies...Oh well, I guess I'll get Way of the Rat soon...

Latest Discussions