New Evidence Shows Bush and Blair Planned Iraq War, Manufactured Justification

OP
R

raedyn

dubljay said:
Can you show me a statistic on that? Iraq may have harbored those who commited the attacks but Iraq being directly responsible?
Two years after 9/11, "7 in 10 Americans continue to believe that Iraq's Saddam Hussein had a role in the attacks" from a Washington Post poll

That's where I got that from. (well, my memory of the exact number was hazy until I looked it up when you asked. But now we both know with more precsion.)

In a similar vein (and more recently) Program on Internation Policy Attitudes poll [pdf] shows that "72% of Bush supporters continued to hold to the view that Iraq had actual WMD (47%) or a major program for developing them (25%)." This is after the chief weapons inspector Charles Duelfer reported to Congress & David Kay testified to the Senate that there was no major 'weapons of mass destruction' program and no evidence of sstockpiles of weapons in pre-invasion Iraq.

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
raedyn said:
Two years after 9/11, "7 in 10 Americans continue to believe that Iraq's Saddam Hussein had a role in the attacks" from a Washington Post poll

That's where I got that from. (well, my memory of the exact number was hazy until I looked it up when you asked. But now we both know with more precsion.)

In a similar vein (and more recently) Program on Internation Policy Attitudes poll [pdf] shows that "72% of Bush supporters continued to hold to the view that Iraq had actual WMD (47%) or a major program for developing them (25%)." This is after the chief weapons inspector Charles Duelfer reported to Congress & David Kay testified to the Senate that there was no major 'weapons of mass destruction' program and no evidence of sstockpiles of weapons in pre-invasion Iraq.
Wow, good research, I stand corrected.
smileJap.gif

OK so Americans really aren't all that bright. That poll really depressed me, I would have thought that my fellow citizens would have better judgement on this. Then again msot Americans get their political opinions for an average of a 7 second sound byte on news stations. So I really shouldn't be surprised. But now we could diverge on to how mass media groups are really politically oriented and help sway facts (CBS scandle ring a bell). But again that is more of a politcal debate that doesn't have much bearing on this subject.

Getting back to the subject at hand here.

PM Blair and Pres. Bush manufactured evidence (big con game) to justify launching a war against Iraq. Under these circumstances A) Should Great Britian and the US be held accountable in the global community? B) Internally should these leaders be held accountable by the people they have decieved? In either case what should the outcome be?

Keep in mind that when the situation was reversed that launched the First Gulf War, after we (The UN) booted Saddam out of Kuwait, we persecuted him with economic sanctions and what not. Under the argument that this manufactured evidence was a smoke screen for a way to get to oil resources, we essentially did to Iraq what Iraq did to Kuwait. Should these countries (The US and GB) recieve specail treatment because they hold permanent seats on the UN security council? Are we above international laws simply because our millitary powers are a large part of the UN?

OP
T

TonyM.

People are justifying the war because we captured Hussein, not because we captured the weapons of mass destruction as we said we would. Sounds like the ends justifies the means, a favorite quote of the Jesuits, the illuminati and the communists.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Actually, if you read Bob Woodward's book, it's likely that Bush and Rumsfeld were planning their "Iraq Strategy" before Bush was inaugurated.

Yes, I think that Bush and Blair should be held accountable. They won't be able to claim "executive privilege" much longer, and I'm hoping they can be investigated and prosecuted afterward.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Phoenix44 said:
Actually, if you read Bob Woodward's book, it's likely that Bush and Rumsfeld were planning their "Iraq Strategy" before Bush was inaugurated.

Yes, I think that Bush and Blair should be held accountable. They won't be able to claim "executive privilege" much longer, and I'm hoping they can be investigated and prosecuted afterward.

And THAT, my friend, is why this matters.

The President of the United States (and the Prime Minister of Britain) lied to every American citizen and to the world. This is an impeachable offense because it a gross breach of public trust.

President Bush, PM Blair, and PM Howard were re-elected on the basis of manufactured reality. When people went to the polls, they were voting for something that did not exist. The curiously scary thing is that the Democrats in the US rightly deserve an equal fair share of blame for this. They really did nothing to poke holes in the facade and reveal the administrations true intentions.

I'll say this again, if you do not know about Peak Oil, PNAC, and Corporatism, then you really don't understand what is going on in our country...and in Iraq.

upnorthkyosa

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
The President of the United States (and the Prime Minister of Britain) lied to every American citizen and to the world. This is an impeachable offense because it a gross breach of public trust.
Sadly, it's standard fare. How many exampels could be adduced? Perhaps it should be impeachable, but I can't imagine it happening.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Correct. Not only was it a breach of public trust, but a breach of the sanctity of his oath of office. And by colluding with a foreign national, Tony Blair, it is treason.

The House of Representatives has the responsibility to impeach a president. I hope you've contacted your Representative, as I have, to call for impeachment proceedings.

Latest Discussions