New England Warrior Camp

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of this?

I just found out about it and it sure looks like a heckuva lot of fun. It's a 3 day outdoor camp put on by Budo Taijutsu practioners from Boston, Northern New England, and Montreal.

http://newenglandwarriorcamp.com/

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like a great camp! I love training outside so that would be something I would enjoy a bunch!
icon6.gif
I did not see where they had
a list of who was teaching? That would be important for people to
know. Looks good though!

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
On their links page... it states that they (the NEWC) are "proudly associated with" and then goes on to list mostly Budo Taijutsu links...

Shihan Hayes of Quest... Soke Hatsumi... and another site on Budo Taijutsu/Ninjutsu...

So, my quess is that it'll be mostly Budo Taijitsu based... I mean, they ARE practicioners of BT...

But, I agree with Mr. VanCise... a listing of instructors would be nice...

Just my .02...

Best Regards,

Andy

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you look at the History page, most of the past instructors are Quest Center instructors.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
OMG fun, fun, fun! Everybody I know that have gone has had a great time. It has traditionally been mostly Quest center instructors, but the ones I know that have put on some classes there have kept up their ties with Hatsumi Sensi. I don't know how this years will be, or who the instructors are going to be, but it should be interesting with the split now being out in the open. If I can get the time to go, I want to be there this year to see how it all pans out. I DO know that if John Poliquin is doing a ground fighting class, that alone is worth the trip.

Quick edit/addition: I just looked at their site and noticed the have Hanna Patterson as being with the Portland Quest center, that USED to be true, but Hanna has moved on and started his own school in the Portland, Maine area "Maine Budo". I used to train with Hanna way, way back and he is a great example that you don't need great size to make this art work wonders. Brett Varnum from Presque Isle, is a big guy that moves like a cat! John Poliquin was my original instructor long before there was "Quest" or "To-Shin-Do" and is amazing. These three I know personally and also know that they were involved with Soke Hatsumi LONG before the "Quest Center" era. Regardless of your thoughts on the whole Hatsumi/SKH issue, it is going to be a good time of learning/training, and making new friends.

BTW, I have ZERO, NADA, ZIP to do with the Warrior camp, or the schools mentioned other than being in the right place at the right time to know these individuals.

Latest Discussions