The Unfettered Mind

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am now reading "The Unfettered Mind" and I must say, so far it has been excellent reading. It does seem very related to our training and based on how I interpret the book, my interpretation of some of the things that Hatsumi Soke says seems to be clearer than before. Certainly "becoming zero" takes on a whole new meaning outside of the physical one.

I am interested in hearing the thoughts of other fellow Bujinkan students who have read the book. Was it of any value to you and your training?

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I reccomended the book to Technopunk a few years ago. I still reccomend it to everyone in the Bujinkan.

Try reading it again in a few years. As you progress, your understanding of it goes deeper and you are reminded of things you forgot the last time around.

But don't try to read it in one sitting. It is one of those books you read a little of, set down and work on it and then come back to.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, I picked it up after Don reccomended it to me, I believe I was asking what Hatsumi meant when he said to seek the immovable heart...

Its a very interesting book... though I admit I have trouble following its teachings, my mind is too fettered.

Heh​

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Its a very interesting book... though I admit I have trouble following its teachings, my mind is too fettered.

Would that be mental BDSM? :supcool:

OP
Bigshadow

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
But don't try to read it in one sitting.
Thanks Don! I guess that is a good thing, because I can't sit and read any book in one sitting unless it is has pictures and big letters... :p

Don Roley said:
It is one of those books you read a little of, set down and work on it and then come back to.
That is what I have thought of a few other books as well, for instance UGP is like that. ;)

Latest Discussions