Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also like the beginners MMA class as we do tons of wrestling and the MT class is 90 min but I finish it as it’s low intensity .
Sir I train 2 hrs a week
I do 5 classes a week and I pray to god my mma coach will keep training us for the rest of the year
I actually thought I was learning good wrestling from my private coach but now I can see I was wasting my time but I did learn some good movement and Def

None of this is makes sense. MMA classes shouldn't be mostly 'wrestling', Muay Thai classes are never low intensity.
How can you do 5 classes a week, one class being 90 minutes but you only train for 2 hours a week?

'Def'...definitions? defence? defenestrations? deforestrations? deflagrations? defamations?

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Karate is a cult !!!

You need things that are proven like MT, boxing , BJJ and wrestling

wearing pajamas and doing katas and silly punches in a horse stance is a joke

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I tried KF and TKD as a kid and it was a laughable joke !!
You would get killed in real life against anyone with a little boxing

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are McDojos and basically filled with stupid katas, horrible stances and lousy punches
I dont wear pajamas and punch in the air !!
These arts give you a false illusion

Karate is a cult !!!

Oh dear. It's hard to know what to say, this looks as if it's been written by a petulant child not an adult but I think there's more to it than that. The inconsistencies, the misuse and mangling of words, the outbursts like this along with the belief he can't do things but also knows better than experienced martial artists and instructors is worrying frankly. There are a lot of issues coming up in these posts now which I think we can't honestly address anymore.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
These are McDojos and basically filled with stupid katas, horrible stances and lousy punches

Karate is a cult !!!

Oh golly......

Sorry bro, you're making very sweeping generalisations here based on whatever limited experience you've had...

Having spent close to a decade in Kyokushin karate, I can truly tell you it was no joke. And we did plenty of katas, horse stance etc. Along with spirited hard sparring and conditioning. All in our pyjamas. Even developing intense unstoppable mental fortitude, spirit and perseverance is absolutely a pretty important element in fighting. Even alot of drilling in horse stance without a doubt develops parts of this. Not everything is surface level like you seem to think it is... Even other styles I've experienced are no "joke" either. But I also have experienced very watered down styles too. All depends on why you've chosen to train where you train.

Of course you're not gonna stand in horse stance in a fight, doing chudan tsuki. Not everything in martial arts is literal. And not everyone does martial arts to be a self defense master either.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh dear. It's hard to know what to say, this looks as if it's been written by a petulant child not an adult but I think there's more to it than that. The inconsistencies, the misuse and mangling of words, the outbursts like this along with the belief he can't do things but also knows better than experienced martial artists and instructors is worrying frankly. There are a lot of issues coming up in these posts now which I think we can't honestly address anymore.
I feel like this is a dream... is this a dream... ? Is this all really happening... it's hard to tell...

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I feel like this is a dream... is this a dream... ? Is this all really happening... it's hard to tell...

Yes KK is very good and is the best one !!’
I have seen S.karate and it looks bad !!

So you picked the right one !!!

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Give me an updated 2020 Karate with the killer stuff and no katas and other BS and it would rebound

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
BJJ has gone from pure self def to sport and it’s not what the Gracies wanted

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Yeah, but I guess my point is there are plenty of karate styles out there that are just as... I don't even know the word to use... able to prepare you for fighting. It often depends on the particular dojo, instructor and group, rather than a generic style. I've trained in a noncontact watered down version of Shotokan offshoot, and I've trained a little in a Shotokan dojo with contact and serious training that really tests your spirit.

I wouldn't paint them all with the same brush.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

'S karate', that is?
Truncating words makes conversation difficult. You clearly know little about karate or very much about martial arts actually. perhaps you need a reminder ( someone tell him or quote me so he sees it) that style bashing isn't allowed on here.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

So you have trained in Bando and Vovinam have you, what about Lethwei?
My current opinion of Karate is, I dont like the stances either, but that is because I beleive it will limit my freedom of movement, therefore will not fit in with my style, not because I think they are mcdojo's, or has the blatent disrespect to mock this art, there are many reasons beginners do not understand basic stances, drills or kata, and that is because they are beginners, and that is what your statement about Karate shows, you are a beginner who's been listening to either the big boys talk, or the idiots on reddit, youtube that have so little confidence in themselves, they have to put other arts down, to make themselves feel better.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So, what was your name last time you was here trolling?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, what was your name last time you was here trolling?

I think you may have hit the truth of it here, he's said he's on MMA fanboy sites too, I can imagine which and he's probably posting up how clever he is telling the TMA people ( he's already said karate people are from the 70s) here how rubbish they are, usually works like that.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
So you have trained in Bando and Vovinam have you, what about Lethwei?
My current opinion of Karate is, I dont like the stances either, but that is because I beleive it will limit my freedom of movement, therefore will not fit in with my style, not because I think they are mcdojo's, or has the blatent disrespect to mock this art, there are many reasons beginners do not understand basic stances, drills or kata, and that is because they are beginners, and that is what your statement about Karate shows, you are a beginner who's been listening to either the big boys talk, or the idiots on reddit, youtube that have so little confidence in themselves, they have to put other arts down, to make themselves feel better.
Yep! And most stances in karate are meant to be transitional anyway, not a static thing. They're taught in a static way to teach proper body mechanics, alignment and structure, and once that is experienced enough, you explore freedom of movement with better alignment. Like the ol saying that I'm paraphrasing: "Learn form to let go of form."

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

No ones actually listening to your opinions...you've proven you haven't got a clue about anything

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh golly......

Sorry bro, you're making very sweeping generalisations here based on whatever limited experience you've had...

Having spent close to a decade in Kyokushin karate, I can truly tell you it was no joke. And we did plenty of katas, horse stance etc. Along with spirited hard sparring and conditioning. All in our pyjamas. Even developing intense unstoppable mental fortitude, spirit and perseverance is absolutely a pretty important element in fighting. Even alot of drilling in horse stance without a doubt develops parts of this. Not everything is surface level like you seem to think it is... Even other styles I've experienced are no "joke" either. But I also have experienced very watered down styles too. All depends on why you've chosen to train where you train.

Of course you're not gonna stand in horse stance in a fight, doing chudan tsuki. Not everything in martial arts is literal. And not everyone does martial arts to be a self defense master either.
Limited experience would imply he has any. He doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions