New belt?

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Curious.

I've not seen this but I'm interested in the answer as well.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

OP
matt.m

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I figured it out. For whatever reason they used it to distinguish their 3rd dan full or primary instructor rate. I guess as a teaser/grooming kind of thing for 4th dan.

I know of the black and red panel belt. It is for 3rd, 4th, and 5th dans. It shows full instructor rights. Like the koreans consider 4th dan to be able to be head instructors and school owners etc. Well, 3rd dan for judo is considered that way in many respects. Third dan is to be considered Full instructor by judo tradition.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
New belt color= Another testing fee...

OP
matt.m

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
New belt color= Another testing fee...

Oh brother I was thinking the same thing. :toilclaw:

Thing is though it is an illegal belt, that is what threw me off. But oh well, I am not one to say who does what in their club.

JudoJunkie

White Belt
Reaction score
I find it amusing that a club woud issue a Joshi (women's) judo blue belt to an instuctor. The white stripe in Judo is used for women only in traditional clubs.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I find it amusing that a club woud issue a Joshi (women's) judo blue belt to an instuctor. The white stripe in Judo is used for women only in traditional clubs.

What's more amusing is the belt in question is not a joshi belt.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Looks like the marital world is turning colorful.

Today blue gi's in Judo is a must have for Judo Tournaments..why not blue and white belts?

Aloha, ...having the blues......?

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I really hate all those funky colored gis you see now. In my eyes, it's gotta be black or white, that's it. No fancy trim in a different color, no visible name brands, just white (or black) and your school/style. Maybe throw in a flag on the sleeve.

Gaius Julius Caesar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I really hate all those funky colored gis you see now. In my eyes, it's gotta be black or white, that's it. No fancy trim in a different color, no visible name brands, just white (or black) and your school/style. Maybe throw in a flag on the sleeve.

Easy now, Red is pretty cool too.

I cant find a red Judo Gi ( I have seen them for BJJ but I hate BJJ Gis) so I playing hell finding someone to die a white one red for me.

But I wont go Rex Kwonn Do and wear the flag pants and tank top.=)

Latest Discussions