New anti Sine Wave pattern deliveries on Youtube

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Here is the KKW/Karate impersonators rant

I hope you listen very carefully to how he completely disrepects the KKW and thus violates his own principles of respect.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes such a misoginist stating biological facts.:rolleyes: I'm sorry you took offense to being a woman

Actually no you were wrong. It's called Pre Menstrual Tension, the clue being the 'pre' bit indicating mood swings etc which happen before the period starts not during it.

I wasn't offended I was appalled by your arrogance and the assumption you could use this place like a school locker room.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Actually no you were wrong. It's called Pre Menstrual Tension, the clue being the 'pre' bit indicating mood swings etc which happen before the period starts not during it.

That's true but I include it as within the period since it's tied to it

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is your problem as it relates to our discussion about to hip twist or not hip twist (as Shakespear would put it).

Attack techniques need to refer to patterns, let alone punching in patterns.

A. Not a problem, since this is what he taught consistently.
B. Hard to imagine how you can misinterpret and claim "Attack techniques need to refer to patterns, let alone punching in patterns" The Attack technique section is in Volume III and the entire Volume III is Hand Techniques, and covers all hand techniques, including those done in pattern. There is no separate section differentiating pattern hand techniques. You have the hubris to feel it's not clear enough.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have clips on Youtube of General Choi puking over the KKW. And others embracing them.
This has exactly what to do on your claim that he changed what he said when he taught the hip twist / turn / jerk for punches. Anytime you want to detail your experience with General Choi, please go ahead.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
From the book "A killing art".
Actually in the book at page 42 (1st Edition) Gillis references Pres. Rhee after seeing the demo and being told "it is Tang Soo Do" Pres. Rhee said "No, it'sT'aekkyon" Gillis further goes on to state that this was problematic because TSD was Karate and T'aekkyon was a traditional Korean game. So, I hope you can provide another page to purportedly support your claim since this actually refutes it.

For the record, as a whole like the book, He cites one of my articles in the notes.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
A There is no separate section differentiating pattern hand techniques. You have the hubris to feel it's not clear enough.

I obviously meant need NOT refer to patterns. I missed writing out the "not" .

There is too a separate section, it's called "punching: common principles"

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Actually in the book at page 42 (1st Edition) Gillis references Pres. Rhee after seeing the demo and being told "it is Tang Soo Do" Pres. Rhee said "No, it'sT'aekkyon" Gillis further goes on to state that this was problematic because TSD was Karate and T'aekkyon was a traditional Korean game. So, I hope you can provide another page to purportedly support your claim since this actually refutes it.

That refutes what exactly?

For the record, as a whole like the book, He cites one of my articles in the notes.

LOL! That sounds exactly like something Trump would say. "he likes me, so therefore I like him"

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's true but I include it as within the period since it's tied to it

No, you included it to be demeaning to the poster you were replying to. In doing so you demeaned women as well.
And now you are bringing politics into it.

You don't know when to just shut up.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This has exactly what to do on your claim that he changed what he said when he taught the hip twist / turn / jerk for punches. Anytime you want to detail your experience with General Choi, please go ahead.

His opinions are all over the place. Some days, they are poor impersonators of Karate, others they are doing TaeKwonDo techniques and he is proud to see his art in the Olympics

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I hope you listen very carefully to how he completely disrepects the KKW and thus violates his own principles of respect.

listened through this interview twice. I heard nothing at all negative, especially against KKW (which is Korea). Rightfully, he expressed his passion to separate from the Japanese occupation But he was never disrespectful.

I think it is You who lost some of what is said in translating.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
listened through this interview twice. I heard nothing at all negative, especially against KKW (which is Korea). Rightfully, he expressed his passion to separate from the Japanese occupation But he was never disrespectful.

The General

"It is unique that the founder of an Olympic discipline survives to see such global recognition of his work. It is unfortunate however, that due to the efforts of Korea to distance themselves politically from me, that the Olympics do not represent true TAEKWON-DO, but that of an inferior and removed style. "

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score

I think you should put on your listening ears. He said that they were Poor imitation of Karate. And added that Karate is "much" better". That is negative and disrespectful. .

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score

[/QUOTE

Please point me to where he specifies his own principle of "respect" or are you confusing it with "Courtesy"

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score

LOL! That sounds exactly like something Trump would say. "he likes me, so therefore I like him"
Except that is not even close to what I said. Classic example of "False equivalency".

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score

"
Refutes your claim of General Choi saying Taekyon came from Karate and citing "A Killing Art" being a source to support your claim in that it say Pres. Rhee made the statement of watching the TSD Demo and saying that is Taekyon and General Choi and GM Nam considering the statement problematic. I gave you the page number. If you have another portion that supposedly supports your claim I will be happy to review it just as I will your personal experience, where you find General Choi changed what he taught, Still waiting since I requested it at post 414.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Refutes your claim of General Choi saying Taekyon came from Karate and citing "A Killing Art" being a source to support your claim in that it say Pres. Rhee made the statement of watching the TSD Demo and saying that is Taekyon and General Choi and GM Nam considering the statement problematic. I gave you the page number. If you have another portion that supposedly supports your claim I will be happy to review it just as I will your personal experience, where you find General Choi changed what he taught, Still waiting since I requested it at post 414.

I wrote that General Choi did a 180. Do you know what that means? And Yes I can give you the page but you will have to bare with me because I don't know which chapter.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think you should put on your listening ears. He said that they were Poor imitation of Karate. And added that Karate is "much" better". That is negative and disrespectful. .
Okay. What does any of that have to do with KKW?

Latest Discussions