Nei Kung

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
How about this:

I'm a Seattlite. I would love to experience this. If you'd be willing to make a private introduction between me and one of your teachers, students or contemporaries I would respectfully meet them and be open to what they have to demonstrate to me.

To be clear, I'm not challenging anyone to a fight or trying to call anyone out on anything. I'm a lifetime martial artist and like Kung Fu Wang's teacher if there is a Chi Master or some people near me with a higher level of learning I would be legitimately interested and grateful for the opportunity to have my worldview open up.

My club is hidden away in a basement in Chinatown. I know that some of the original Bruce Lee disciples from Seattle do or did train hidden away in a different basement in Chinatown, I don't know if that is your circle or a different one, but we could meet at my place or theirs or in Hing Hay Park, whatever would be most comfortable to them.

I will treat them respectfully and report back what I experience and observe honestly and without malice. Please consider my sincere offer. It has to be better than arguing about it with people on the internet.

Last edited:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. You've made lots of claims -- but I've seen no evidence.

I have seen and felt a small handful of things that are outside normal experience in the realm of internal energy. I once saw a demonstration of sticky palm energy that lifted a passive subject maybe, just maybe an inch. Likely less... I've felt a very soft pull or push, and even done it myself a few times. So soft that it was just beyond a dizzy wobble. None of it was enough to be be something I'd count on for combat... more on the level of parlor tricks.

I think a lot of stuff in this realm falls into a "I meant to do that" kind of category. For example, a perfectly timed impact to the chest CAN disrupt heart rhythms. Happens a handful of times in baseball and football across the country every year... In other cases, the right forces into the chest (and they're less than people think, so I could see a very strong punch or kick doing it) can cause aortic disection. I suspect that some of the "death touch" stuff started from that sort of thing -- and the guy who did it saying "I meant to do that!"

OP
S

Starjumper7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
How about this:

I'm a Seattlite. I would love to experience this. If you'd be willing to make a private introduction between me and one of your teachers, students or contemporaries I would respectfully meet them and be open to what they have to demonstrate to me.

To be clear, I'm not challenging anyone to a fight or trying to call anyone out on anything. I'm a lifetime martial artist and like Kung Fu Wang's teacher if there is a Chi Master or some people near me with a higher level of learning I would be legitimately interested and grateful for the opportunity to have my worldview open up.

My club is hidden away in a basement in Chinatown. I know that some of the original Bruce Lee disciples from Seattle do or did train hidden away in a different basement in Chinatown, I don't know if that is your circle or a different one, but we could meet at my place or theirs or in Hing Hay Park, whatever would be most comfortable to them.

I will treat them respectfully and report back what I experience and observe honestly and without malice. Please consider my sincere offer. It has to be better than arguing about it with people on the internet.

That's fine, if you wish, I will contact my kung fu brother and fearless clan leader, he does not want his name mentioned on internet forums, and we can see why. The thing is that he lives near to Walla Walla so you would need to travel. Once in a great while he goes to Seattle to give a seminar. He has more abilities than me, but he may be unwilling to demonstrate chi power to a stranger, what he is all about is the kung fu side of things, and that's what he wants to teach. His interest in chi kung actually is more for health, but like I said, he has more power than I do. He did train with some of Bruces disciples, but more importantly, he trained with Bruce's 'sources'.

It is good that you are open minded, as we can see many people who have no experience in the matter have a lot of expert 'beliefs' that are ungrounded. I just wonder why they have to advertise it over and over? There are people who do experience it and reject it due to having no self honesty.

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
That's fine, if you wish, I will contact my kung fu brother and fearless clan leader, he does not want his name mentioned on internet forums, and we can see why. The thing is that he lives near to Walla Walla so you would need to travel. Once in a great while he goes to Seattle to give a seminar. He has more abilities than me, but he may be unwilling to demonstrate chi power to a stranger, what he is all about is the kung fu side of things, and that's what he wants to teach. His interest in chi kung actually is more for health, but like I said, he has more power than I do. He did train with some of Bruces disciples, but more importantly, he trained with Bruce's 'sources'.

It is good that you are open minded, as we can see many people who have no experience in the matter have a lot of expert 'beliefs' that are ungrounded. I just wonder why they have to advertise it over and over? There are people who do experience it and reject it due to having no self honesty.
Are you referring to Steve Smith?
http://seattlencgf.com

OP
S

Starjumper7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I also don't believe for a moment that powers like that wouldn't eventually show up in the public eye, because someone could make a fortune off them. And eventually, someone who wants to make a fortune (perhaps so they can use that fortune to solve hunger issues in their country - so they don't have to be greedy) would learn enough to do so.

Maybe you haven't heard of this concept, but: people who are spiritual are not materialistic. In any case check out Chuny Lin, he may fit your description, he has lots of abilites, makes lots of money, but I don't know if he is charitable with it. He does feel like one of the 'good guys'

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
Maybe you haven't heard of this concept, but: people who are spiritual are not materialistic. In any case check out Chuny Lin, he may fit your description, he has lots of abilites, makes lots of money, but I don't know if he is charitable with it. He does feel like one of the 'good guys'
Says the guy selling a Book, a DVD, and Retreat packages :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. You've made lots of claims -- but I've seen no evidence.

I have seen and felt a small handful of things that are outside normal experience in the realm of internal energy. I once saw a demonstration of sticky palm energy that lifted a passive subject maybe, just maybe an inch. Likely less... I've felt a very soft pull or push, and even done it myself a few times. So soft that it was just beyond a dizzy wobble. None of it was enough to be be something I'd count on for combat... more on the level of parlor tricks.

I think a lot of stuff in this realm falls into a "I meant to do that" kind of category. For example, a perfectly timed impact to the chest CAN disrupt heart rhythms. Happens a handful of times in baseball and football across the country every year... In other cases, the right forces into the chest (and they're less than people think, so I could see a very strong punch or kick doing it) can cause aortic disection. I suspect that some of the "death touch" stuff started from that sort of thing -- and the guy who did it saying "I meant to do that!"

You should have worked with my Yang Shifu. That kind of soft, relaxed touch and moving others with what appears to be no effort is not magic, it is training, years and years of training and some of that on sensitivity. Basically he can feel where you are going before you do. Once asked him what would happen if someone threw a punch, he said go ahead, so I did. Still have no idea how I ended top standing behind him, but in a blink that is where I was. And I was in an INCREDIBLY vulnerable position, my back to him. He also has the best qinna I have ever come across, can't even tell its coming and your locked...and/or on the floor. and he never ever appears to be exerting any muscle at all.

But he is one of the last old school guys and there are fewer and fewer of them every single day, he is in his 80s now. Not magic, training, lots and lots of it with lots and lots of people.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And have no interest in finding money to help others?

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

This group of people is known to be training fairly hidden away in Seattle in a non-commercial way. They are generally well respected. I have not met or trained with any of them directly, but I do know people who have spent some time training with them either as a student or a guest. I've not heard anything negative about them, only respect, but no one I know has ever said that they are amazing or any higher level of skill than anyone else. Just good people who are going about their business, training well, and not looking for attention or making claims, which I respect and it's very similar to how I have approached the club that I run.

But, I've never heard claims of any "supra-natural" abilities associated with what they do. Reviewing this website and the clips that I found through it, I don't see any mention of chi or internal energy, remote viewing or any of the other things that we've been talking about in these threads. It would surprise me to hear any of these types of claims associated with Jesse Glover.

Well, I'm open, interested, and willing. Watching the Seattle NCGF clips above, I'd be happy to know those guys have a friendly exchange between our clubs if they were interested, but I wouldn't drive over the mountains to Walla Walla for the types of Gung Fu/self defense drills I see in those clips, because I can train that way here.

You seem to be saying that no one in Seattle has the type of abilities that you've written about and have been asserting despite the fact that they were all learned here. You also seem to be saying that if I travel to Walla Walla he would likely not show me anyway, so I don't think that helps. It's gracious of you to offer to freely share if anyone is willing to cross the equator to meet you, but I'm not available and I think it's a pretty safe bet that no one is likely to take you up on that.

Again, I'm not challenging anyone or trying to fraud bust. I am private about what I do and would respect his privacy including putting his name into the public. He could set his boundaries and I would respect and honor them. I am not a teenage MMA fan, I do conduct myself honorably in the martial arts community on the rare occasions when I involve myself directly in it beyond my own fairly private training.

If he could convince me that he has supra-natural abilities and that they were obtainable, that would change my worldview and perception of what is possible through training. I'd be foolish not to start the long, slow process of trying to become his student and respecting the fact that he may never accept me.

But, like has been said by other people in these threads who are not in the position I am to put myself physically out there, you're making remarkable claims and if no one is willing or able to demonstrate those claims, then we're at an impasse.

Strangers are just friends or students who you haven't met yet and if you introduce me than I am certainly no more a stranger than any other student who may come into his acquaintance. My SiGung and Bruce Lee were friends in Hong Kong. We're distant cousins, so to speak. I'm not trying to push, but it seems like I am in a unique position to substantiate your claims and it seems that as far as you have extended yourself and these abilities through your book and postings here that you would be interested in seeing that happen. My offer stands.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am in serious need of some popcorn.

AreYouNotEntertained.jpg

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
As would virtually anyone that had any connection, even a minor one to his teacher Bruce Lee.

I don't know, maybe. I'm a Wing Chun guy, not a Bruce Lee guy. I think in the expansive cult of Bruce Lee you'll find all sorts of things. These are not typically things I hear about in the context of JKD and it not my impression of the club related to Jesse Glover here in Seattle, though.

Then again, I had never heard of Fook Yang and apparently he was a real person. I remain open and willing. It seems a like a rare and great opportunity to bring something out of the browser and into the real world.

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't know, maybe. I'm a Wing Chun guy, not a Bruce Lee guy. I think in the expansive cult of Bruce Lee you'll find all sorts of things. These are not typically things I hear about in the context of JKD and it not my impression of the club related to Jesse Glover here in Seattle, though.

Then again, I had never heard of Fook Yang and apparently he was a real person. I remain open and willing. It seems a like a rare and great opportunity to bring something out of the browser and into the real world.

Cult possibly, real live practitioners, I seriously doubt you will find it. At least that was my experience the few times I have trained JKD and with the JKD folks I have spoken to

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Cult possibly, real live practitioners, I seriously doubt you will find it. At least that was my experience the few times I have trained JKD and with the JKD folks I have spoken to

My experience as well in real life. But, on-line I read a lot of things about Bruce Lee that seem inconsistent with that practical, straightforward JKD mentality.

snake_monkey

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This is a great discussion for the internet. This forum is very friendly.

Look, he’s obviously not trying to prove himself too much. It’s fine for these things to remain hidden the way they are and for the ‘real answers’ to be hidden away too. We don’t have to take anybody’s word for it but it can be helpful to keep an open mind.

This is a nei Kung discussion so let it be about nei Kung. Actually I’m interested in a bit more information as it may help my qigong plus I’m trying to keep an open mind.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Neigong is part of Neijia. Xingyiquan, Baguazhang, Taijiquan are all part of Neijia and fall under the category of martial neigong. Non martial Neigong is Daoyin. Daoyin is an old word for Qigong.

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
Since StarJumper7 disagrees with my comment, here is his prices and cost :rolleyes:

"Cost for the ten day retreat is $700.

Cost for retreats organized by others is $70 per day, five day minimum. Five people minimum, and ten people maximum may attend. Organizer should check availability for their date of choice before proceeding"

Taoist Hermitage in Ecuador - Qigong Retreat

Here is your video for $15
Watch Tien Shan Chi Kung - Level 1 - by Steve Gray, student of Fook Yueng Online | Vimeo On Demand

Here is your book for $15
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1096086778

I am going to leave this video of you doing Chen Taijiquan and Chen Zhenglei doing Chen Taijiquan
I wouldn't expect you to be as good as Chen Zhenglei, but if you are charging people and saying others do not possess the real neigong then perhaps you should at least be 25% as good as Chen Zhenglei.

OP
S

Starjumper7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My experience as well in real life. But, on-line I read a lot of things about Bruce Lee that seem inconsistent with that practical, straightforward JKD mentality.

What Bruce learned was all internal art, but he taught JKD as an external art, teaching techniques, but hiding the basics.

This is very common for Chinese teachers who teach gringos

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions