Need Some Help PLEASE!!!!!

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
O.K. all I am on a quest for what I consider to be a Holy Grail of sorts. I am looking for a past issue of Black Belt Magazine. The issue is June of 1983. Eizo Shimabukuro Sensei is on the cover. If anyone could point me in the direction of where I may get a copy or if you have a copy to sell I would be more than interested in it. I am planning a trip to Okinawa this year to train with him and would love nothing more than to have a copy of this to have him sign so I can put it away. I have already contacted BB Magazine with no success and you guys are my only hope!

Thanks in advance!

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did you check e-Bay??? MA magizine are always offered there...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, your best bets are Ebay, Craig's List and collectors.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well... nothing on eBay or Martial Arts Auction...

That issue doesn't ring any bells with me... so, I'm fairly certain that it's not in my collection; however, I'll look when I'm down the Garojo later...

Best of luck... and, if I can help, I certainly will... as having a signed ANYTHING is always fun!

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew

OP
chinto01

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
It is with great joy that I can tell all of you that I have located what I was looking for along with another magazine he was on the cover of. They are not in the best condition but they will do as collectors items that I can pass on one day. If anyone still comes across this magazine please let me know!

In the spirit of Bushido!

Rob

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is with great joy that I can tell all of you that I have located what I was looking for along with another magazine he was on the cover of. They are not in the best condition but they will do as collectors items that I can pass on one day. If anyone still comes across this magazine please let me know!

Rob

I'll keep my eyes open...

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Rob

Good deal, Rob!

Where did you find it???

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew

OP
chinto01

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Found it in someone's ebay store. Not only that but he also had the 1985 Karate Illustrated magazine in which he was on the cover also. These will be awsome conversation pieces when I go over there I hope.

Thanks for everyones effort on this!

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

Latest Discussions