Need help regarding sparring

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they get scared away by what some stranger says on the Internet then they need to look at themselves. The op already spars so he knows the level of control that his club has my comment should mean nothing to him and I'm here to give my opinion not to baby anyone I'm not here to tell him everything's going to be all and he'll be beating everyone in 2 weeks I'm saying what I think and feel if he wants to my comments on board cool if not means nothing to me either way he asked for opinions I gave my opinion end of story.

I don't think anyone is sugar coating anything nor telling him he will beat everyone within 2 weeks, however if you use inaccurate and misleading statements you may well put beginners off. A lot of people who don't post on here read the threads and telling people that students are 'destroyed' in training isn't going to make them think of training any time soon. it also confirms to many that sports fighting is 'barbaric' and 'human cock fighting' etc etc, all those phrases they use when they want to ban it. Many of us spend a lot of time trying not to get MMA banned and to get local councils etc to allow MT and full contact fights, people with your 'destroy them' and 'I'm ard me' attitude just makes things harder. I'm sure you don't care though.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, xPesky.

Talk to the guys you're training with, ask them for advice/help in how you can improve. I used to be in the same boat, asked "How do you hit kick my butt so easily, what can I work on to change that?"

My guess is they'll help you.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is sugar coating anything nor telling him he will beat everyone within 2 weeks, however if you use inaccurate and misleading statements you may well put beginners off. A lot of people who don't post on here read the threads and telling people that students are 'destroyed' in training isn't going to make them think of training any time soon. it also confirms to many that sports fighting is 'barbaric' and 'human cock fighting' etc etc, all those phrases they use when they want to ban it. Many of us spend a lot of time trying not to get MMA banned and to get local councils etc to allow MT and full contact fights, people with your 'destroy them' and 'I'm ard me' attitude just makes things harder. I'm sure you don't care though.

You're right I don't care I don't think they're going to ban mma because of my comment

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right I don't care I don't think they're going to ban mma because of my comment

You have misunderstood what I said. I said comments like yours only serve to confirm to those who don't like full contact sports what they think about it. It may not matter to you but for those of us who want full contact sports to carry on and to be see as the good thing we think they are it makes life just that bit more difficult. But as you say why should you care, you got what you wanted out of fighting, why worry about anyone else who wants to do it.

Zephyor

Orange Belt
Reaction score
those boys you talked about... that punch you... they seem to like punching... try to spike they'r punch with an elbow, or doge/take one and close the distance for a clinch,knee or elbow them

EMT

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
From what you wrote I understood that it is a full power sparring you're talking about and not a technical (30% power) sparring. And if your khru matched you against a bigger and much more experienced fighters in a full power sparring then that's not a good coaching. The only thing that you can learn from this kind of an experience is that size and experience matters. But if it's a technical sparring you're talking about you can learn a great deal from it. Also, don't be too concerned about getting punched in the stomach and keep your guard up and protect your head. And if this situation repeats again and again just buy yourself a proper headgear - this will make you more confident facing a bigger and stronger guys.

12 effective sparring tips

Latest Discussions