Nay ho aah' :)

Mark Lee Pringle

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi' new here'. I teach traditional Chinese kung-fu in Ohio near Youngstown. I've been training 46yrs., teaching 26yrs., ...still learning of-course, lol. Happy to be here! My site' is; ' Coilingdragonkungfu.org '

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi' new here'. I teach traditional Chinese kung-fu in Ohio near Youngstown. I've been training 46yrs., teaching 26yrs., ...still learning of-course, lol. Happy to be here! My site' is; ' Coilingdragonkungfu.org '
Welcome to MartialTalk, Mark!

What style(s) of Kung-fu do you practice?

OP
Mark Lee Pringle

Mark Lee Pringle

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, Mark!

What style(s) of Kung-fu do you practice?
Hi, Thank you! I have trained in several styles over the years. My main two schools had the 'Tien Shan Pai' theory of 'many styles'. I would say my major styles are Wing-Chun Yiu-Choi family, Choy Lay Fut, & Hung-Gar. :)

OP
Mark Lee Pringle

Mark Lee Pringle

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome. Shaolin Kung Fu?
Hi', My main styles are 'Wing-Chun, Choy Lay Fut, & Hung Gar,...all of-course Shao-Lin based for the most part in the old days. Out of the many styles/forms I've been through, I would say my most Shao-Lin style forms are '7-Star', '18-Monks/Lohan', Hong Yue Men( Red moon gate), and Tam-Toy 12'. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, Mark. :)

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hi, Thank you! I have trained in several styles over the years. My main two schools had the 'Tien Shan Pai' theory of 'many styles'. I would say my major styles are Wing-Chun Yiu-Choi family, Choy Lay Fut, & Hung-Gar. :)

Hi', My main styles are 'Wing-Chun, Choy Lay Fut, & Hung Gar,...all of-course Shao-Lin based for the most part in the old days. Out of the many styles/forms I've been through, I would say my most Shao-Lin style forms are '7-Star', '18-Monks/Lohan', Hong Yue Men( Red moon gate), and Tam-Toy 12'. :)
You have trained both the northern CMA such as:

- Tien Shan Pai,
- 12 Tan Tui,

and also southern CMA such as:

- WC,
- CLF,

Do you have any integration issue?

OP
Mark Lee Pringle

Mark Lee Pringle

White Belt
Reaction score
You have trained both the northern CMA such as:

- Tien Shan Pai,
- 12 Tan Tui,

and also southern CMA such as:

- WC,
- CLF,

Do you have any integration issue?
Correct'...over my 46yrs. so far, I've trained in Northern/Southern/Internal/External. No integration issues',... the one thing that was beat into our heads from both of my main schools, was; ''Keep the flavors/styles of the movements separate and clean!'' Now,..that being said,.. the hardest part of ''Don't mix them up'' lol , was probably the first couple days of going from (for example) a Hung=Gar form to Yang family Tai-Ji form, and wanting to 'fa-jing' thru the whole thing, lol. BUT, our instructors were very good at pulling the bridle', and so far no real issues. I find it Very interesting to see not only the small differences of-course from the flavor or strategy of movements, But mainly ALL of the similarities from style to style! Especially since a few of them were from completely different areas of China at different time periods. The body only moves in certain ways, and most styles explored all of them, from small-frame (Wing Chun)...to large-frame ( Choy Lay Fut) I keep finding the same movements just big or small. :)

Latest Discussions