Nation States

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In wake of all the Political BS, I went online and rediscoverd an old Site that was used to market a Novel, "Jennifer Government". The Site is http://www.nationstates.net/ and you create a small nation and manage it: Once a day, you'll be faced with an issue, and need to make a decision as to what to do about it. This determines how your nation evolves. You can Form alliances with other nations and shape world policy...

You'll be asked to choose a name for your nation, a motto, a national animal, and a currency. Then you answer a short questionnaire about your politics. This will determine what sort of nation you end up with: authoritarian or permissive... left-wing or right-wing... compassionate or psychotic... you get the idea.

Here is my New Nation:

The Rogue Nation of Old Suburbia

"Born of Revenge Raised on Cement"

Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise
Civil Rights:

Superb
Economy:

Fair
Political Freedoms:

Good

Regional Influence: Minnow

The Rogue Nation of Old Suburbia is a tiny, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its quiet, industrious population of 5 million enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Religion & Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 19%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Furniture Restoration.
Crime is a problem. Old Suburbia's national animal is the Mutant Weasel and its currency is Stolen Car Parts.

Last edited:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
looks interesting I think I might give it a try just to see how long my nation survives

edit:

The Borderlands of The Shadow Leopards is a tiny, socially progressive nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

The large, corrupt government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 22%. A healthy private sector is led by the Basket Weaving, Retail, and Woodchip Exports industries.

Crime is a problem. The Shadow Leopards's national animal is the leopard and its currency is the shell.

Last edited:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:D

It's a great game, Cryo. I 'played' for over five years and sadly lost all that work in the gafuffle of moving house as I didn't log in for quite a while and had my nation deleted :(.

So enjoy and don't forget to keep it current - good luck.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Who-hoo! I just found out that you can ressurect a Nation that has been inactive for a long time. Boo-hoo - what a mess it comes back as :eek:. Lots of work to do to get things back in order and get our influence back.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:D

It's a great game, Cryo. I 'played' for over five years and sadly lost all that work in the gafuffle of moving house as I didn't log in for quite a while and had my nation deleted :(.

So enjoy and don't forget to keep it current - good luck.

I played back when it was new, for about 6 months or so... I'm just "rediscovering" it to see if I do any better than the real world. LOL.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye, those policy choices always have a way of biting you in the bum don't they?

Latest Discussions