Nation of Monsters

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It never seems to end. A beat-down over a set of sneakers; turns out that the person who was beaten was innocent as well. People film it, upload it, dance and celebrate the beating.

[video]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eIbArGu5nCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

At least the college is doing the right thing; everyone identified in the video except the victim is expelled.

Last edited by a moderator:

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
It never seems to end. A beat-down over a set of sneakers; turns out that the person who was beaten was innocent as well. People film it, upload it, dance and celebrate the beating.

[video]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eIbArGu5nCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

At least the college is doing the right thing; everyone identified in the video except the victim is expelled.

That is a shame, I agree that the college did the right thing.

I just hope that this doesn't get turned into a racial thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For crying out loud! As we've said before, leaving aside the moral destitution that allows these human-shaped creatures to do such things, all it takes is one hit to kill someone.

The Daily Mail gene is glowing like crazy and urging me to say that I'm with Napoleon on such matters - execute the offenders for the encouragement of the rest. Things have gone too far for gentler methods.

But life in the real world does not allow for such simple, if hideously brutal, solutions. When society begins to fray from within it is too late to start to look for reasons why, for some, civilisation has slid back a couple of centuries.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In another thread we see a story of a 7 year old South Boston boy being charged with sexual harassment because he allegedly defended himself against a bully by kicking him in the groin. I'm going to take this story at face value to make a point.

If you're a schoolyard bully, you're probably already familiar with getting in to trouble. If you're a schoolyard bully that has it out for someone, you may be bullying the target with the pleasure of knowing that the target will get the same (or worse!) punishment than you will. If the target is a "good kid" perhaps the good kid faces even more hell from his/her teachers or parents because their expectations have not been lowered.

Is this what we are creating with these zero tolerance policies? Are these bullies now going on to college and exercising their bullying in a more adult (and violent) manner, perhpas thinking their target get the same (or worse) punishment?

I don't have the answer....but it sure makes me wonder.